FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Recent outings (pic heavy)  (Read 1152 times)

westernmas

Recent outings (pic heavy)
« on: May 15, 2023, 08:36 AM »
The rivers around my neck of the woods have come down and are fishing great. I was able to land 4 rainbows and a 14” brookie last Thursday. Friday I packed up the truck for the Cape to visit my parents for Mother’s Day. I could only sneak out to fish Saturday morning. I managed to catch my first schoolies of the year on my 8wt. 3 were rats, 2 were the size of trout tbh, but I did manage one in the 24” range which was a nice fight on the long rod.

I unfortunately hooked the brookie deep so it went on the smoker w some candied salmon bites.

AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

Re: Recent outings (pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2023, 11:07 AM »
Nice haul Pat!

Steve H.

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2023, 11:55 AM »
Sweet!  Those salmon bites look tasty!
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Bartman44

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2023, 12:04 PM »
Nice catching, the spring bite is on!

stripernut

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2023, 01:21 PM »
Congrats!

bogtrotter

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2023, 04:20 PM »
I unfortunately hooked the brookie deep so it went on the smoker w some candied salmon bites.

Looks yummy! 

(B/T/W - - A 14" brookie is a monster.  Congratulations!)

westernmas

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2023, 09:01 AM »
Looks yummy! 

(B/T/W - - A 14" brookie is a monster.  Congratulations!)

Def a stocked fish.  I told my buddy where I was and he went back the following day and landed 3 in the 12" range.

Made a pate/dip with the smoked brookie last night.  I think it might have been better than the salmon bites which were pretty good as well.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Steve H.

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2023, 07:07 PM »
Made a pate/dip with the smoked brookie last night.  I think it might have been better than the salmon bites which were pretty good as well.

Post your recipe!
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

westernmas

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2023, 08:43 AM »
Post your recipe!

Unfortunately not much of a recipe follower.  I had a pack of Borsin cheese, I think garlic herb, some worceshire sauce, lemon, diced onions and some hot sauce of choice.  Mixed that in with the brookie meat and ate it on a cracker.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Steve H.

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2023, 08:48 AM »
Unfortunately not much of a recipe follower.  I had a pack of Borsin cheese, I think garlic herb, some worceshire sauce, lemon, diced onions and some hot sauce of choice.  Mixed that in with the brookie meat and ate it on a cracker.

Sounds good, thanks.  Looking to try something like that with a couple Winnipesaukee lakers from my smoker.  Definitely won't be as tasty as your brookie but I heard lakers are edible when smoked and added to a dip.

manitron

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2023, 08:14 PM »
Nice work Pat!

lowaccord66

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2023, 08:30 PM »
Sounds good, thanks.  Looking to try something like that with a couple Winnipesaukee lakers from my smoker.  Definitely won't be as tasty as your brookie but I heard lakers are edible when smoked and added to a dip.

Gut small laker (keeper size of course) smoke in applewood, pull meat off bone.  Mayo, capers, chopped red oinion, dijon mustard, salt, pepper.  Give that a rip.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.