FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Just a Quick One  (Read 1135 times)

bogtrotter

Just a Quick One
« on: Oct 14, 2023, 04:19 PM »
I had other commitments today, but managed to squeeze in 45 minutes of fishing along the South Hoosic today between 9:45 & 10:30 AM.

The weather was partly sunny and 50 degrees.

I briefly fished below the Cheshire Harbor dam, then by Mullen Mayflower and finally just above the Old Stone Mill.

Nothing at the first two spots, but the third time was the charm - - I landed a nice 12" rainbow which put up a pretty good fight just above the Old Stone Mill.

The rainbow was noteworthy because it was the first one I've caught on the South Hoosic in a couple months.

The DFW only stocked browns on the South Hoosic this year (which don't seem to have survived very well, for some reason), and there's relatively few "holdover" rainbows from prior years, so today's catch was a bit of a treat.

lowaccord66

Re: Just a Quick One
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2023, 08:18 AM »
Sounds like fun Jim.  The waterfall producing at all or has that bite dried up so to speak.

bogtrotter

« Reply #2 on: Oct 15, 2023, 05:56 PM »
Sounds like fun Jim.  The waterfall producing at all or has that bite dried up so to speak.

Unfortunately, I haven't caught anything there the last three or four visits - - and even before that it was merely "marginally" productive for the past couple months.

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: Oct 16, 2023, 06:52 AM »
That's weird considering how many we encountered.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.