FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Oysters in the Morning, . . .  (Read 1039 times)

bogtrotter

Oysters in the Morning, . . .
« on: Oct 28, 2023, 08:33 PM »
A Skunk in the early afternoon, and some sunnies and a rainbow later in the afternoon.

My buddy Ed and I took a first-timer mushrooming in some nearby hill towns for a couple hours this morning, and did pretty well, harvesting a couple good-sized shopping bags full of oyster mushrooms.

After returning home and swapping out my gear, I drove up to North Adams to fish the North Hoosic with my buddy Bob.

The weather started out oddly muggy (with temps in the low to mid 70's) but overcast, then cooled down (to about 65) but partly cleared up with a fairly stiff breeze.

The stream was higher than I expected, and we didn't get a single hit.

So, after Bob and I walked back to our cars and headed our separate ways, I took a quick spin over to Fish Pond, where I proceeded to land three big sunfish and a nice (15") rainbow, before hustling home to get cleaned up to take my wife out to dinner at the Student Prince in Springfield.

lowaccord66

Re: Oysters in the Morning, . . .
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2023, 10:55 AM »
Nice day Jim.  The trout have been harder to come by for me as well.  I actually tend to do better mid to post spawn once they start eating eggs. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.