FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Soggy Conditions Notwithstanding . . .  (Read 957 times)

bogtrotter

Soggy Conditions Notwithstanding . . .
« on: Oct 29, 2023, 03:12 PM »
I got out for a little over an hour on the South Hoosic in Adams earlier this afternoon.

The weather was cool (47 degrees) with a light drizzle.

Starting just above the bridge by the Old Stone Mill and finishing at Elm Rock, I caught one 9" rainbow (at the upper end of my course) and one 12" brown (at the lower).

Heading back to where I started, I picked a few worms under logs that lie there, and was just about to fish some more, when a skunk came ambling nonchalantly along where I had just left (probably looking for grubs).

Giving him (or her) a wide berth, I circled around back to the stream and gave a few casts, but, after a minute or so, the skunk came circling back my way, and, rather than press matters, I retreated to my car and drove home.

stripernut

Re: Soggy Conditions Notwithstanding . . .
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2023, 05:39 PM »
One of my favorite "skunk" stories is when I used to go night crawling for bait and more than once I would have a skunk just an arm's reach away doing the same thing, sometimes, this would go on for 5-10 min. Neither of us cared... Skunks and porcupines are two animals that I found you could get really close to without them caring and why not with such good defence systems...

Dieseldog13

Re: Soggy Conditions Notwithstanding . . .
« Reply #2 on: Oct 30, 2023, 08:55 AM »
Two trout for a shortened trip is pretty good. At least you did not get “skunked”.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.