FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: KPAlaska! or any Alaskan fisherpersons  (Read 2430 times)

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
KPAlaska! or any Alaskan fisherpersons
« on: Aug 08, 2005, 02:41 PM »
Kevin or anybody that fishes Valdez...  Any reports out there???  Heard the state has allowed the commercial guys into the entrance again, any truth to this?   

KP_Alaska

Re: KPAlaska! or any Alaskan fisherpersons
« Reply #1 on: Aug 14, 2005, 11:35 PM »
JD
Sorry haven't checked the site lately. Not Sure about the commercial guys, but the News Miner had a pretty good sounding report in Fridays paper. Lots of pinks at Allison Point still, but people in boats doing well out in the harbor for silvers. Most all of the pinks and silvers come from stocking by the hatchery which I think was started to enhance the commercial catch in the area. Some mighty big halibut coming out of Valdez this summer, so far 325 lbs is winning. Haven't had much time for fishing, due to work, work at home, and work at the cabin. Heck, I think I need to take on one or two more projects, if I could only find the time. I see you got into some nice fish back in July. Looks like the new gear was a hit. Hope you do/did well in Valdez.

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
Re: KPAlaska! or any Alaskan fisherpersons
« Reply #2 on: Aug 16, 2005, 11:49 AM »
Thanks Kevin,  Sounds like it's going to be good down in the sound.  The commercials put the clamps on us 2 years ago.... Hope they don't take all the fish this year.   At least the smoke won't be so bad south of Fairbanks eh!  Good to hear your busy with the projects.  Maybe you'll free up some time for ice fishing huh? JD

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.