FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ice sled cart...or smitty sled???  (Read 18533 times)

choo choo

ice sled cart...or smitty sled???
« on: Nov 26, 2012, 08:17 PM »
After dragging my ice sled and shanty over dry parking lots, sidewalks, yards , roads,foottrails etc down to the not so thick ice last year.....than dragging everything back uphill, struggling all the way....i decided to build a wheeled cart to make things easier. But before i got started, i got one from my sisters neighbor who was throwing it out because they were moving.....a  wheeled, lightweight garbage can cart.! I tried it out this summer in my yard...it worked great.
 But we will probably have a snowy ice season.....so get your smitty sleds ready.  Or maybe a Cold, snowy ice season...so ATV's and snomobiles will be the ticket again! Time will tell.

I'm fishing my way through life .

filetandrelease

Re: ice sled cart...or smitty sled???
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2012, 09:39 AM »

got my sled all fired up , its ready for deep perch , and a bud built me a Smitty cause I'm such a warm hearted person

choo choo

« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2012, 04:52 PM »

got my sled all fired up , its ready for deep perch , and a bud built me a Smitty cause I'm such a warm hearted person
Filet...I can't get mine started, and don't have it registered..... snomobile might be the only way to go this year.,if it gets cold , and then keeps snowing up there... You might have the mid lake shoals and deep water eye and perch mother lode all to yourself !! :D

filetandrelease

« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2012, 05:53 PM »

Filet...I can't get mine started, and don't have it registered..... snomobile might be the only way to go this year.,if it gets cold , and then keeps snowing up there... You might have the mid lake shoals and deep water eye and perch mother lode all to yourself !! :D

i doubt that , whats wrong with the sled ?

choo choo

« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2012, 07:39 PM »

i doubt that , whats wrong with the sled ?
It's a 99 arctic cat z 440...I've had it for about 8 years.i 've got gas to the plugs, but can't get it to fire. Pull and pull and pull...no good. I took plugs out and cleaned them several times...no good.I tried full choke/ half choke/ no choke....no good. I guess i'll have to take to the sled shop.... Unless....Do you know any tricks i can try ? Never tried starting fluid...should I ? Any advice would be appreciated...

handyman8494

« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2012, 07:45 PM »
It's a 99 arctic cat z 440...I've had it for about 8 years.i 've got gas to the plugs, but can't get it to fire. Pull and pull and pull...no good. I took plugs out and cleaned them several times...no good.I tried full choke/ half choke/ no choke....no good. I guess i'll have to take to the sled shop.... Unless....Do you know any tricks i can try ? Never tried starting fluid...should I ? Any advice would be appreciated...
  maybe get hold of me some time choo choo, i work on small engines also. first you need spark, fuel, compression. if you get spark, you can try the starting fluid, i just use carb cleaner. good luck!

handyman8494

« Reply #6 on: Nov 27, 2012, 07:47 PM »
After dragging my ice sled and shanty over dry parking lots, sidewalks, yards , roads,foottrails etc down to the not so thick ice last year.....than dragging everything back uphill, struggling all the way....i decided to build a wheeled cart to make things easier. But before i got started, i got one from my sisters neighbor who was throwing it out because they were moving.....a  wheeled, lightweight garbage can cart.! I tried it out this summer in my yard...it worked great.
 But we will probably have a snowy ice season.....so get your smitty sleds ready.  Or maybe a Cold, snowy ice season...so ATV's and snomobiles will be the ticket again! Time will tell.

choo choo, where's the ski's?

choo choo

« Reply #7 on: Nov 27, 2012, 08:30 PM »
  choo choo, where's the ski's?
wheres the ski's ???

handyman8494

« Reply #8 on: Nov 27, 2012, 09:40 PM »
wheres the ski's ???
    I must be getting old, i went back and seen the ski's for the sled. sorry, my mistake.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 28, 2012, 08:09 PM »
coo  do  you  have  spark?
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

choo choo

« Reply #10 on: Nov 29, 2012, 08:38 AM »
coo  do  you  have  spark?
i think it is weak....i will check that after work tonight trapper...thanks

cnypanfisher

« Reply #11 on: Nov 30, 2012, 07:54 PM »
New plugs every year plus a spare set in the tool spot on the sled.

cny

choo choo

« Reply #12 on: Nov 30, 2012, 08:18 PM »
New plugs every year plus a spare set in the tool spot on the sled.

cny

that might be my problem.....thanks cny.....will pick up new plugs soon and try that before having it looked at by a pro.

coachwarner

« Reply #13 on: Dec 01, 2012, 06:39 AM »

Filet & Release... testing their smittys ;D

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

filetandrelease

« Reply #14 on: Dec 01, 2012, 06:45 AM »
Filet & Release... testing their smittys ;D
http://www.jibjab.com/add_ecard_message/277291714

thanks it is fine and ready

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.