FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: "Brookville Walleye"  (Read 6775 times)

Mr.Vertical

• Beware Walleye....
"Brookville Walleye"
« on: Apr 04, 2004, 10:22 PM »
IT TOOK SOME HARD WORK,BUT I MANAGED 5 KEEPER WALLEYE THIS WEEK AT
BROOKVILLE,THIS COLD SPELL HAS SLOWED EM UP,BUT TOWARDS THE END OF THIS WEEK THEY SHOULD PICK BACK UP,ALL MALES ARE BEING CAUGHT,THE WATER TEMP WAS 50 DEGREES,BUT i'M SURE ITS BACK DOWN TO 47-48,IT WILL BE A COUPLE OF DAYS BEFORE THEY TAKE BACK OFF,THE LAKE IS STILL 3-4 FOOT BELOW SUMMER POOL,DNR HAS HAD THE NETS OUT THIS WEEK,MILKING THE FEMALES,I HEARD THEY NETTED A 16LB EYE THIS WEEKEND DOWN THERE,THATS PROBABLY WHERE THE NEXT STATE RECORD WALLEYE WILL COME FROM,WATER WAS A LITTLE MURKY,JUST HOW I LIKE IT...........IN A WEEK OR SO A MAN OUGHTA START GETTIN A LIMIT,IF HE KNOWS WHAT HES DOING,GOOD LUCK FISHING GANG

livin4ice

Re: "Brookville Walleye"
« Reply #1 on: Apr 04, 2004, 10:25 PM »
Thanks for the info.  Glad you caught some.

Mr.Vertical

• Beware Walleye....
« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2004, 10:20 PM »
Went back to Brookville today,me and the guy i got 2nd with in the Gaston walleye tournament got 6 walleyes and 5 were keepers,nothing big 15-17",it was tough to get a good presentation,with the wind blowing 20 mph,but the ole Auto-pilot helped a bunch,the eyes are starting to bite,good luck fishing ya all

Mr.Vertical

• Beware Walleye....
« Reply #3 on: Apr 11, 2004, 09:51 AM »
Here's a new lake record walleye,check it out............http://www.thestarpress.com/articles/9/017049-8019-003.html

Mr.Vertical

• Beware Walleye....
« Reply #4 on: Apr 19, 2004, 11:31 AM »
Fished saturday and sunday,the walleye are hungry,and ive been gettin em pretty steady,if ya like walleye fishing you better get on it,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ::)

High Tide

« Reply #5 on: Apr 19, 2004, 09:05 PM »
Glad your gettin in to some eyes, you still fishin the upper end of the lake (north), did you try crappie fishin in the timbers yet,  if I can get my brother to come down there this weekend I'll be given it a try.  I limited on eyes at Bass Lake on Saturday.
One more thing what size walleye are you getting.

Mr.Vertical

• Beware Walleye....
« Reply #6 on: Apr 21, 2004, 09:07 PM »
The eyes are anywhere from 14"-18",nothing big yet,but the females are fixin to get in the mood,just got a phone call earlier from a friend who got 3 today,just got me a new crestliner,18-1/2',walleye boat,hate to see the Alumacraft go,butI'm gonna have to semi-retire it now,keep it for shallow water,and the rivers,hey good luck fishin

High Tide

« Reply #7 on: Apr 22, 2004, 05:30 PM »
Mr. Vertical sounds like your moving up in the world, it's not a bad thing, my buddy told me he was out there last week and was catching good crappie in the shallows.  Sounds to me like double limit time (crappie/eyes).  If your ever looking for company drop me a message, most of my buddies live up north so I usually can't get to Brookville as much as I'd like.

Mr.Vertical

• Beware Walleye....
« Reply #8 on: Apr 22, 2004, 10:02 PM »
fished 7 hours today and I got zero,but the man with me got 3 and one of them was a keeper,the new crestliner was awsome,and having a livewell now is super.......lol,,,,,,good luck

Mr.Vertical

• Beware Walleye....
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2004, 10:06 PM »
People we are knocking the h_ _ _ out of the walleye down here,limit after limit,its only gonna last for another 2-3 weels and they will be going to deep water

Pitcherbeb

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2004, 07:09 PM »
Mr. Vertical,
    Is there anywhere around the resevior that you can fish from the shore and still be productive. I am a student at Ball State University and wouldn't mind catching some walleye for the frying pan! Have you been using a jig and minnow? That is what I use when I go up to Wisconsin to fish for walleye. Thanks!
brian

Powerworm

• There's One!
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2004, 07:27 PM »
Brian,
       I know nothing about Brookville walleye other than you asked the right guy with your post. I do know that you have walleye much closer than Brookville. Praire Creek Reservior and Summit Lake are both south east of Muncie and both have been stocked for years. I personally have never caught one at Summit, but have caught my biggest 'eye at "the res". I went to Minnisota to caught walleye got skunked, had a guide on the St. Jo in Michigan got skunked, drove ten minutes from my house to Prairie Creek caught a 23 inch and a 20 incher on my first to casts.

Hey Mr. Pimple
                     What do you know about muskie in Brookville? And keep the posts comming I may not get to enjoy the walleye bit this year but at least I can learn about it.

Pitcherbeb

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2004, 08:03 PM »
Hey Powerworm,

Thanks for the info. I ice fished Prarie Creek and Summit a lot this past winter and caught a lot of crappie and bluegill, but no walleye. 23 and 20 inchers are some nice walleye! Did you catch them in the shallows on rocks? I know that is where walleye tend to spawn.  Also, that is a big muskie in the picture under your name!!! Where'd you catch that one at. I've caught one muskie in Wisconsin that was 36" but nothing like the one you got!
brian

Powerworm

• There's One!
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2004, 10:48 PM »
The muskie came from Webster, it measured just shy of 40".  I try not to fish for any predator fish during their spawn unless you count crappie as a predator. The 'eyes were on the rocks, gravel anyway, opposite of the boat ramp.  Actually the last time I fished the res was last october and I caught two keepers right off the ramp itself.  But if its walleye you want you gotta be afloat. Both Muncie lakes as well as Brookville have boat rental. 

Pitcherbeb

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2004, 11:38 AM »
Powerworm,
    Thanks for the info on Prarie Creek walleye! I'll have to try these spots this summer!
Brian

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.