FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: So.....does anyone know when spring will actually arrive???  (Read 2637 times)

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
Or will we have yet another year of jumping right over spring right into summer???

At least the waterways are filling up nicely.... ;D
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

westernmas

Re: So.....does anyone know when spring will actually arrive???
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16, 2018, 01:01 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg_teqyLNOs

This is what winter is saying to spring right now.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #2 on: Apr 16, 2018, 02:04 PM »
Or will we have yet another year of jumping right over spring right into summer???

I hope not. Took a big hit last year with my honey bees. All of my fruit trees started blooming and then got whacked with a serious frost. No flowers = no honey. No honey = no money.
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: Apr 16, 2018, 02:53 PM »
When global warming/climate change arrives.  :laugh:

TennesseeFreeze

« Reply #4 on: Apr 16, 2018, 03:25 PM »

Well said brother, flooded, and snowed 2 springs away, mother nature working on number 3 at the moment here in Indiana. It seems to 

be summer, fall, winter, these days. Are we living in a 3 season inland fishing world?

stripernut

« Reply #5 on: Apr 16, 2018, 05:08 PM »
As long as the Arctic keeps getting warmer the jet streams will be sending us cold air. The new reality... At least here in the NorthEast, we will have water to fish and drink (almost as important), out West they are losing it fast... Just look at Lake Mead.

taxid

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Apr 16, 2018, 06:06 PM »
As long as the Arctic keeps getting warmer the jet streams will be sending us cold air. The new reality... At least here in the NorthEast, we will have water to fish and drink (almost as important), out West they are losing it fast... Just look at Lake Mead.

Absolutely but some folks have make it a political argument and d**n the science.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lowaccord66

« Reply #8 on: Apr 16, 2018, 06:48 PM »
Absolutely but some folks have make it a political argument and d**n the science.

I should have known better than to joke about a very complicated subject that many people feel the need to be right about...
I didnt read that link.  Aside from joking about it I don't have an opinion about it.  Want to think global warming is real...I dont care. Want to think it isnt..I don't care. If you are a scientist...still don't care. 

Funny people mock forecasters for not getting the weather right a week out.  But the same people love to hang on to the science of global warming.  Makes me laugh.

Carry on Spring...

taxid

« Reply #9 on: Apr 16, 2018, 07:02 PM »
I should have known better than to joke about a very complicated subject that many people feel the need to be right about...
I didnt read that link.  Aside from joking about it I don't have an opinion about it.  Want to think is real...I dont care. Want to think it isnt..I don't care.  Whatever makes you feel comfortable.

Relax I when I said "folks" I wasn't referring to you.

Dude you really need to chill!

lowaccord66

« Reply #10 on: Apr 16, 2018, 07:10 PM »
Relax I when I said "folks" I wasn't referring to you.

Dude you really need to chill!

I think you're projecting a bit.  How do you know I was not addressing Allan? Any more chill and Id be asleep.  You tend to assume emotions in my posts alot...I don't participate here to get upset LMAO.

taxid

« Reply #11 on: Apr 16, 2018, 08:26 PM »
I think you're projecting a bit.  How do you know I was not addressing Allan? Any more chill and Id be asleep.  You tend to assume emotions in my posts alot...I don't participate here to get upset LMAO.

So what other link were you referring to?  :whistling:

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
« Reply #12 on: Apr 16, 2018, 09:32 PM »
spring will come when it does, I heard this weekend or something but if i start seeing penguins instead of robins I will  seriously start to worry. I work in exterior home improvements and from my experience there is no such thing as an accurate weatherman forecast, and that groundhog aint worth a d**n, might as well listen to the stupid wooly bugger caterpillers....
done dirt cheap!

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #13 on: Apr 17, 2018, 06:04 AM »
We're not going to have spring this year. We're just going to wake up some morning, it's going to be 85°, and we're going to sweat our tails off!    ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #14 on: Apr 17, 2018, 08:31 AM »
We're not going to have spring this year. We're just going to wake up some morning, it's going to be 85°, and we're going to sweat our tails off!    ;D
The most accurate forecast I've heard.  I definitely share that thought.
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.