FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Poachers - Striped Bass  (Read 1659 times)

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

Re: Poachers - Striped Bass
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 09:48 AM »
That's bad.  In boston I used to watch guys setup a gill net in front of a fish ladder and then hide short bass in the grass.  EPO was never available in the middle of the night.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 11:10 AM »
That's bad.  In boston I used to watch guys setup a gill net in front of a fish ladder and then hide short bass in the grass.  EPO was never available in the middle of the night.

Terrible. Our kids are going to grow up either not knowing what a striped bass is or fishing wont be allowed for them because of scum like this. I mean, how much meat can you really get off a 12" bass...... I guess this is why they get them in numbers.
Wicked Wec

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 12:19 PM »
sounds more like ignorance than poaching.  poaching implies you knew you were breaking the law.  it gets used way too much, IMO.

If you are referring to the article I posted, in more than one case it stated they were hiding the fish. Why hide it if only pleading ignorance?
Wicked Wec

zwiggles

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 01:52 PM »
I would say poaching and ignorance more often than not are in fact the exact same thing.

lowaccord66

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 08:57 PM »
Terrible. Our kids are going to grow up either not knowing what a striped bass is or fishing wont be allowed for them because of scum like this. I mean, how much meat can you really get off a 12" bass...... I guess this is why they get them in numbers.

It is a shame for sure. Greed overall will eliminate stripers.  The commercial harvests year over year of millions of pounds is insane.  I have noticed the affects on the fishing over the past 10 years.  Specifically at the canal.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.