FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Power trim and tilt repair  (Read 972 times)

jbmfish1

Power trim and tilt repair
« on: May 02, 2018, 05:42 PM »
I just wanted to post that there are still people out there that really do take pride in there work. I had a 2007 etec 75 hp with a very leaky PTT. According to everything I read and everybody I talked to this particular unit couldn't be rebuilt. Anywhere from $1100 to $1400 for a new unit. Needless to say I was pretty bummed until I stumbled across a eBay add from a marina in Florida that said they rebuilt all units including mine. They had a VERY descriptive add explaining in HIGH detail the process, the extreme care of the rebuild and high quality of the after market parts, seals and fluid they use versus the manufactures parts. They tell you the cheapest way to ship it to them. They said a usual 3 business day turn around but no more than 5 business days during their busy season. They pretty much have a set price for most units. So you have a pretty good idea upfront but if it needs something else they let you know and sell it to you at their cost. In my case it was going to be less than half of the cost of a new unit. Sounded too good to be true so I called them. Very nice people, told me they take extreme pride in doing what they say they are going to do. They also back it up with a 2 year warranty. He said I didn't need to fool with the eBay deal just put it in a flat rate box ship it to them with my info in it and they would call me when it was done. I pay for it with a credit card and they pay to ship it priority back to me. So that's exactly what I did and 5 days after they received it they called I paid and 2 days later I got my unit back. Being in Indiana I was very impressed on the turn around time from a Marina in Florida. My experience with Marina's around here is 5 days means 5 weeks if your lucky.  So if you are looking for a place to get your unit professionally rebuilt I can gladly recommend  5 STAR MARINE , PORT RICHEY FL. check out their "mission statement" on their website at www.trimandtilt.com I was so impressed with these people that I felt the need to spread the word. It's refreshing in today's world to find somebody who takes pride in earning their money. I'll step down from my soapbox now ;D.

Mac Attack

Re: Power trim and tilt repair
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 07:15 PM »
Awesome report.
Thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.