FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Weird...  (Read 1138 times)

taxid

Weird...
« on: May 09, 2018, 09:27 PM »
My nephew and I rewired a utility trailer with a new harness and LED lights I will be using to pick up a kayak. (Actually he did most of the work).  Followed the directions to a 't' including wire colors and all lights are working as in turn signals, brake lights, flashers, side clearance lights, and running lights. Only problem is left turn signal turns on the right turn light and vice versa.

He did the colors just like in the directions  as in brown and yellow on the left side and brown and green on the right side.

Best explanation is colors are on the wrong side even though we did as in directions?

I wired my boat trailer with a similar rig with no issues. However the colors of the wires are reversed on the boat trailer which makes me believe that the directions are wrong?

Anybody have this happen?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
Re: Weird...
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 06:16 AM »
I am not an expert, but did you switch the bulbs....lol....h2l

Roccus

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 06:52 AM »
standing at the rear of the trailer facing foreword.... yellow left turn and stop...Green right turn and stop... brown is running and marker lights.. white is ground...

ran7ger

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 02:54 PM »
i was always told yeLLow Left.  gReen Right.  easy to remember that way.  L's and R's.

as for your issue just switch the wires around and you'll be away.  trailer light kit probably made in china.
got a fish on the line and my boat on the water
and it's gettin' near time to take the cows to the slaughter

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.