FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Anybody from the interior?  (Read 4004 times)

Fishak

Anybody from the interior?
« on: Apr 26, 2007, 12:36 PM »
Hey folks---just switched over from IS and was wondering if anyone from the interior was on yet??  I'm dying to do some soft water fishing and wondered if anyone has been out yet?  It'll be my first summer fishing up here in 20+ yrs.  Any tips for this time of year??  Mucho thanks in advance.   :blink:
Good things come to those who bait.

KP_Alaska

Re: Anybody from the interior?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2007, 09:40 AM »
Fishak,

The local lakes offer some great fishing this time of year when the ice recedes from the shore. Try fishing spoons and spinners fished just in front of the ice. I might try and fish Birch this weekend, depends on how it looks.

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2007, 12:44 PM »
Fishak softwater is pretty good early if you can get out...  What are you wanting to catch?  Grayling will be moving into the sloughs very soon!  I fished the river in town with one hammerhandle pike...  Good to be out though!

KP,  How did your trip to Birch go?  I'm curious to see what condition it's in.

Fishak

« Reply #3 on: Apr 30, 2007, 11:37 AM »
Thanks for the info guys. 
Yeah, KP how was Birch?  I'm thinking of heading down there this week.

KP_Alaska

« Reply #4 on: Apr 30, 2007, 02:32 PM »
Ice was still tight to the shore in most places, but its starting to rot out. The cooler weather is helping, had 25 above on both mornings. Saw some nice rainbows caught Friday evening. Got busy working on my place so I didn't even wet a line all weekend. Saw people fishing off of the highway pullout on both Saturday and Sunday.

travisj88

« Reply #5 on: Apr 30, 2007, 08:42 PM »
I went to Birch today and KP is right about the ice rotting.  Every fish that hit the sides of the hole on the way up broke off shards of ice from the side.  Some of the shards were over 10" long.  You also have to watch where the plants are frozen in the ice.  I saw a couple of people step where a plant was and their foot went through the ice and they had water almost up to their knee.

akjw7

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 11:59 AM »
No fishing yet for me. Hoping to get out to badger slough or somewhere with the fly rod this weekend though.

Fishak

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 09:28 PM »
Checked out Chena lakes area today and the ice has moved out about 5 foot from shore but nothing fishable.  There is open water on most streams and the river. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.