FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: equipment found at Quartz Lake  (Read 4156 times)

travisj88

equipment found at Quartz Lake
« on: May 09, 2007, 04:38 AM »
I went to Quartz Lake today and I found some fishing equipment.  If you lost it and can identify it call me at 388-7008.  The ice is about 40 yards from the shore and fishing was good.  A lot of fish in the 14" to 22" range with most being about 18".  Wish I had my canoe with me to fish the edge of the ice (lots of action there and it would have been away from everyone).
Travis

akjw7

Re: equipment found at Quartz Lake
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 01:15 AM »
Thanks Travis - that's what I was hoping to hear! Any specific times or was it all good? Rainbows or did you get some char too? I'll go down in history as mythical figure if I can pull off a day of fishing on mothers day!

travisj88

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 05:05 AM »
I got there about 1:30.  There was a guy there fishing already.  He said the fish didn't start bitting until about 1.  We had steady action most of the afternoon.  After several people arrived (about 4) it slowed down quite a bit.  All the splashing and noise made the fish skiddish.  Before that there was only three of us so we were pretty quiet.  All we caught were rainbows.  All the females were still full of eggs.  The char will probably show up to scavenge after they spawn.

Fishin Fireman

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 01:15 AM »
I know a good spot sown there for Char ;D What were you catching the bows on? I was thinking of going down on Sunday ???
"Team Alaska" 

travisj88

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 06:22 AM »
I have not fished there enough to have any spots.  I usually hit it at break up and a couple of times in the summer.  I need to start spending more time learning our lakes instead of just going occasionally and relying on luck.  There just never seems to be enough time.  I posted on iceshanty what was working best on the day I was there.
Good luck,
Travis

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 01:40 PM »
Travis,
Is it deep enough to launch a boat?  Where there any boats fishing the edge? 

travisj88

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 04:01 AM »
Barleydog,
I was there on Tuesday.  There wasn't enough ice out to try using anything much larger than a canoe.  Hopefully I can make it out there on Tuesday.  Everyone was fishing from the bank.  Maybe someone else has more current information.  The lake is probably half melted by now.  The gravel pit in Lakeview Terrace had about the same amount of open water last week and it is about a third melted.
Travis

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.