FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fishing in Seward  (Read 5175 times)

Fishin Fireman

• Retired MFF Mod
Fishing in Seward
« on: May 28, 2007, 09:20 PM »
Going to Seward on Tuesday for a few days for fishing. Was wondering where the good spots are to shore or stream fish or try the dock? I was told the Dollies and Bows were biting just don't know where to really go since this is really the first time I have had a chance to spend any time fishing there. I do have a fishing charter planned for Wed to go out Halibut fishing with family.

I hope we have a good time and catch some fish, if so I will post pics when we return.

Brad
"Team Alaska" 

akjw7

Re: Fishing in Seward
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 11:16 AM »
Hope you have a good time! I'm heading to seward the first week of July for a charter ride myself - let me know how it goes for you.

This weekend was pretty good at quartz - caught a few 21" char, but none of the big rainbows.

komocazie74

« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2007, 01:40 AM »
how'd you do?  i take it you found the culverts?  the kings sure havent come in in big numbers yet, give it a couple of weeks and things should get hot.  lowell point used to be good for cathing sea run dollies.  the halibut fishing out of seward is good this year.  hope you did well and i wish i would have seen this thread earlier.

akjw7

« Reply #3 on: Jun 18, 2007, 01:03 PM »
I'll be in Seward in a week - wondering how you did!

Fishin Fireman

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #4 on: Jun 18, 2007, 08:30 PM »
The boats were not going out the whole time I was there due to high winds and large swells up to 16ft at one time. I ended up doing a 320 mile round trip from Seward over to Deep Creek and back for 64 lbs of Halibut. I called I guy I know whom I have been out with before, D&M Charters. We all had a good time, just wish we would have gotten bigger fish ??? Oh Well,, guess thats the way it goes and why it's called fishing  ;D

Better luck next time.

Brad
"Team Alaska" 

akjw7

« Reply #5 on: Jun 19, 2007, 10:56 AM »
ugh - that is a bummer, sorry man! Don't take this the wrong way, but I hope I don't have your luck!!!

I did walk into an open seat for this weekend for a half day in Homer...long drive (from Anchorage) for just a half day, but adding another chance for some butt is worth it...(cause as you say it's called fishing) So now I've got that this Sunday and the seward charter the following Sunday.

Hoping to do some dipping at Kasilof and maybe even a couple of "Kenai flips" at the russian on one of the drives...lots of fishing ahead!

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
« Reply #6 on: Jun 20, 2007, 07:57 AM »
Hey Brad did you take a 1/2 day charter with D&M?

DIRTBALL2

« Reply #7 on: Jul 05, 2007, 09:03 AM »
Barleydog, Glad to see that you are alive and kicking. I hope the world is treating you and your family well and fairly often! :laugh: DIRTBALL2 ;)
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
« Reply #8 on: Jul 14, 2007, 05:54 PM »
Dirtball2 check your IM ya old salt!

Fishin Fireman

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #9 on: Jul 23, 2007, 02:47 PM »
No, we did  WHOLE DAY! It cost 175 + incidentals like a fuel surcharge. I like that place and will go back again but hope the fishing is better next time.
"Team Alaska" 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.