FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Craig Alaska?  (Read 3993 times)

Hollywood

Craig Alaska?
« on: Jun 05, 2007, 05:55 AM »
Heading there the 2nd week in july. Anyone know the area and have any suggestions on what not to miss?  We're going out on the boat for salmon/halibut. Curious as to any good river/stream/small lake.... off the beaten path fishing up that way.

Hollywood

Re: Craig Alaska?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 16, 2007, 04:01 AM »
Well- we had a GREAT trip. Never knew what would hit next- landed most of our halibut while fishing for salmon. got an 88lb in 37 feet and a 100lb in 68 feet of water. Lots of fun on light salmon tackle! King fishing was pretty good- silvers were hit & miss but we got some.

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
« Reply #2 on: Jul 22, 2007, 12:38 PM »
Good to hear all went well Hollywood.  Craig is a neat place down in the Southeast.  Did you get your halibut while fishing for kings?  They're a blast on salmon gear!

Hollywood

« Reply #3 on: Jul 31, 2007, 09:50 PM »
Yeah- We caught most everything on 9' fairly light salmon tackle- including the 100lb halibut. It was a great trip with some great folks- heres a couple pics.....

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
« Reply #4 on: Aug 01, 2007, 05:51 AM »
Right on!  Those are some great photos.  Nice sized halibut, a beauty ling cod and yelloweye, and some nice salmon...  It looks like you did well!  I head out to the salt soon, just can't wait!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.