FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Anyone fish Tangle lakes?  (Read 9791 times)

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
Anyone fish Tangle lakes?
« on: Apr 26, 2004, 01:18 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has fished the Tangle lakes area, and if it's accessable with a trailered boat?  Thanks!

broomballboy

Re: Anyone fish Tangle lakes?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2004, 07:19 PM »
I Know that there are at least two launch areas on the lake that has the lodge on it.  A really good one at the campground and a so so one by the lodge.

Barleydog

« Reply #2 on: Apr 27, 2004, 08:26 PM »
Can you get a trailer into any of them?  Thanks bbb.

broomballboy

« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2004, 11:31 AM »

Here is a photo I found a while back.  You can see the boat launch at the campground. 
It is pretty good I hear.

You would probably need quite a truck to use the launch at the Lodge.

Barleydog

« Reply #4 on: Apr 28, 2004, 09:01 PM »
BBB,  Thanks!  ;D ;D Geez I didn't expect a picture, but wow that's better than directions!  I can usually launch anywhere with a easyloader trailer, so this looks fine. 
P.S. How's the fishin' there?

broomballboy

« Reply #5 on: Apr 29, 2004, 11:24 AM »
I fish from a canoe or from the bank and I have never caught anything but grayling.  The grayling however are very plentiful and easy to catch.  I don't know what the limit is but if it was 100 fish a day you could still limit out.  The best part is the place itself though, just plain nice.

Barleydog

« Reply #6 on: Apr 29, 2004, 06:44 PM »
Thanks BBB

KP_Alaska

« Reply #7 on: Jun 10, 2004, 07:20 PM »
BD,
Have you made it to Tangles yet? One of my most favorite places in the Interior. We used to camp there every summer in the early 80's. There is a boat launch on both sides of the highway. The south side is Upper Tangle and the north side is Lower Tangle. Both are good for fishing, on Upper try fishing/trolling where Rock Creek flows in and on Lower, trolling where the Tangle River flows in. Lots of grayling in the river and where it flows out of Upper. If you have a canoe or raft you can portage from Upper Tangle to the next lake, about a quarter mile. Less fishing pressure on the upper lake. We would carry a Grumman Sport boat and a 15 horse up there, tough going but worth it. Not sure what the size restrictions are these days on the Lakers.

Barleydog

« Reply #8 on: Jun 11, 2004, 03:55 PM »
KP,  I have yet to make it down to Tangles, but would love to in the near future.  I need to hook up with you and get a map in front of you!  Sounds like a ton o' fun.  How big where the grayling you hooked?  I hear the lakers are pretty much the same size?  What do you troll with?  I have a 15ft. coleman canoe that isn't the safest thing on water, however my boat should be o.k. from what you and BBB stated. ;D  -Jim

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.