FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Birch Lake (Delta Jct. area) PICS  (Read 3295 times)

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
Birch Lake (Delta Jct. area) PICS
« on: Jun 03, 2004, 10:42 PM »
O.K. Dirtball2, Here's some photos from this past weekend at Birch Lake.  Birch is right down the road from Quartz Lake, and is beautiful to fish.  Took the kids fishing either from the shore and by boat.  Caught lots of fish, even had fresh Char fillets over an open fire one night.  Great time!  I'm sure it will be etched in the youngen's minds for the rest of thier lives.

[/img]
Not huge, but average char

[/img]
Rainbow

[/img]
Another char

[/img]
Boys fishing in the sunset.....at 1:30 am  Does this make me a bad dad??? 

DIRTBALL2

Re: Birch Lake (Delta Jct. area) PICS
« Reply #1 on: Jun 04, 2004, 08:51 AM »
barleydog, Thank you very much for your response and for the beautiful pictures. That Char sure does resemble a brookie. No, you are not a bad dad. Wise is the man who would teach his son's the joy's of fishing, for he shall never need to go looking for them. You are creating memories for them that they will always cherish. I still remember going out and playing softball at Ft. Greeley at 2:00 A.M. It was like broad daylight. If it's not too much to ask, I would still love to see some pictures of Quartz Lake if you happen to go there. Moochass Grassyass! DIRTBALL2 aka:Keith Forsberg
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

Cider

« Reply #2 on: Jun 04, 2004, 10:20 AM »
Beautiful pics Barleydog!  I love the rainbow pic!!  Pretty fish and excellent photography (the composition is great)!!

Boys fishing in the sunset.....at 1:30 am  Does this make me a bad dad??? 

Absolutely not!!  My parents always told me when I was a kid that I had to go to bed when it started to get dark at night.  You can't help it if that doesn't happen until 1:30 am (or not at all) in Alaska!!  ;D  ;D

That Char sure does resemble a brookie.

DB - that is because brookies are char and not true trout!

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
« Reply #3 on: Jun 04, 2004, 02:23 PM »
Guys thanks!  Dirtball2, the latest report is that Quartz has lots of fish well over the 20" mark hitting this past week, (rainbows and char.)  I'll try to make it over as soon as my local lake is hit first, and I will make sure and take photos for ya!   
Cider, Thanks for the vote on the little ones.  Momma gets worked up, but seems to simmer down once I mention that they've been "cooped" up all winter in the house, (except for icefishing!)  ;D  -Barleydog

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.