FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BARLEYDOG, YOU OK?  (Read 2895 times)

DIRTBALL2

BARLEYDOG, YOU OK?
« on: Jul 03, 2004, 05:25 AM »
While I certainly don't want any of the people in AK to be harmed by the wildfire, I am particularly concerned about you and your family. If I remember my geography correctly, those wildfires aren't too far from your home aren't  they? Here's hoping you are all safe and sound. Please let me know if you are all O.K.
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
Re: BARLEYDOG, YOU OK?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 03, 2004, 11:12 PM »
Dirtball2 and Raliegh,  Thanks for the concern!  We are all well, but tired of the smoke!  The fire is about 20 or so miles out, but seems closer.  Today was the first break in the weather with the winds shifting out of the south pushing the smoke north.  "If" the wind changes back to the northeast, the city of Fairbanks "could" be in trouble!  We have more than one fire blazing away right now, but the one closest to us is about 225,000 acres and holding. 
I took some photos of the kids swimming off of my boat last week at 2 pm.  I took a photo of the smoke by my buddy's house two days ago at the same time, (2 pm.)  The smoke is so thick that we don't even dare go outside for more than an hour or so.  This stuff is aweful! 
Thanks for the concern guys and pray for those who are in the path of this horrid blaze.
Thanks again!  -Barleydog

2 days before at 2 PM

2 PM two days ago, it may not be visible... but that's ash falling like snow!

Jigwiggler

« Reply #2 on: Jul 04, 2004, 07:38 AM »
Barleydog,

Those are some crazy pics!!  Hope all remains well. Our prayers are with you.
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

raleigh

« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 2004, 09:29 PM »
That looks preaty bad Barleydog  :o. Hope EVERYONE is ok!!! In Colorado (today) is the 10 year annaversy of the start of the Storm King Fire. On July 6th, a fire on Storm King Mountain raged out of control and clamed the lives of 14 firefighters that where trying to escape up the mountain. But did not make it out because of the 45 mile an hour wind was moving the fire quickley. :'(

fishermanjake

« Reply #4 on: Jul 08, 2004, 01:12 AM »
I kinda dissappear in ths summer, (sorry about that) but the fires close down the mine i work at two days before the 4th of july weekend....made for a 5 day weekend anyhow, just had to put up with the smoke.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.