FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Anyone Fishing?  (Read 3407 times)

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
Anyone Fishing?
« on: Jun 05, 2005, 01:29 PM »
Hey calling all Alaskans!  Anyone out fishing? OR has employment/wife kept you away from the water?  Looks pretty sleepy on the Alaska site? :-\  I did some fishing at a couple area lakes with good success.  Lot's of silvers, char, and bows are available at Quartz and Birch lake.  Easy fishing with the little guys!!! 

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
Re: Anyone Fishing?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 05, 2005, 03:00 PM »
Like always i have been fishing like a madman. I'm not married and and work can't stop a young gun full of energy from fishing. I have been targeting dollies in the ocean, rainbows and of course red salmon.
I've never been to heaven, but i have fished  in  Alaska.

KP_Alaska

« Reply #2 on: Jun 06, 2005, 01:35 PM »
Barleydog
Welcome back! Put the boat in Birch this weekend, did a little trolling. Caught some nice char and a few silvers. No rainbows. I heard that Harding was producing some good char last week.

Barleydog

« Reply #3 on: Jun 06, 2005, 06:42 PM »
Kevin,  Now your talkin'!  Good to hear from you!  I passed up Birch to try Quartz lake.  Didn't get any big rainbows, but did get 3 limits of really tasty silvers.  They were all about 15" or so, but man what fun on the old ultra lite rod!  We did catch a nice char about 4 lbs.  Hey I'm heading out to Harding on or about Saturday.  You interested in trying it out?  I pulled one 19 lb char out last year (21 wieghed in the net), and lost a 35+ lb. laker next to the boat, who knows this year eh! 

KCommando- Where are you fishing on the big island?  I sure do miss those nice dollies and rainbows!  I lived 4 years in King Salmon and had a great time with those monsters.

KP_Alaska

« Reply #4 on: Jun 07, 2005, 11:38 AM »
JD, thanks for the invite but I'll have to decline. I go on call today for a week so this weekend is honey-do projects. Sounds like you and the boys had a good trip to Quartz, they must be happy to have their fishing buddy back home. Good luck on Harding.

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
« Reply #5 on: Jun 07, 2005, 07:49 PM »
Barleydog i am fishing some beaches for dollies and some lakes for rainbows. There are about 20 lakes with bows in them on the road system.
I've never been to heaven, but i have fished  in  Alaska.

Barleydog

« Reply #6 on: Jun 07, 2005, 11:43 PM »
Good deal Kevin.  I'll keep you posted on the big ones that you missed! ;) 
KC-  Sounds fun cruising the beaches for dollies.

DIRTBALL2

« Reply #7 on: Jun 12, 2005, 01:34 PM »
Sure Barleydog! Go ahead and make me jealous! :'( What I wouldn't give to be fishing on Quartz Lake again. I'm sure it would be a little different from the last time I was there. This time I won't need a 300 H&H Magnum to keep the bears away like I did when we camped there in 1957. It does my heart good to see you able to enjoy life again. Thanks again Fishing Dude, for the time you spent in the service. Your old(and I do mean old)Stick Buddy, DIRTBALL2 ;)
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.