FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trout Recipie  (Read 4463 times)

Original FISHER Jodoin

Trout Recipie
« on: Apr 24, 2005, 02:10 PM »
Cookin trout tonight.....give me sum recipes worth trying!! thanks
GIT _ R _ DONE

gillmaniac

• I Don't Go Fishing, I Go Catching!!!
Re: Trout Recipie
« Reply #1 on: Apr 24, 2005, 02:38 PM »
preheat oven to 400 and put fish on a tray. Put butter and any chicken spice or spice that u want (i recomend lemmon an pepper) and orange or lemon and cook for 15min or intill fish is white.

gill
I am a maniac for gills!!!!

bayonne

« Reply #2 on: Apr 24, 2005, 02:50 PM »
try olive oil inplace of the butter and almost any seasoning works its all to your taste and i cook them a little longer in a glass pan coverd in foil

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #3 on: Apr 24, 2005, 05:17 PM »
i've been rolling mine in a flour/garlic powder mix, then lightly frying them on either side.

fishercat

• hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #4 on: Apr 24, 2005, 06:05 PM »
 i've been rolling mine  :w00t: in  a fine layer of apple smoke from 4-6 hours   with a dry rub of brown sugar, salt, black pepper and dried garlic. Love trout fresh out of the smoker.
I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

big big rdg

« Reply #5 on: Apr 24, 2005, 06:20 PM »
I just had some of the trout that o caught today and i grilled it with butter lemon pepper and rosemary. It was pretty good im gonna expiriment with some other things this week.
FSHON!

archbishop

« Reply #6 on: Apr 25, 2005, 07:53 AM »
i use a rub of lemon juice and a mix of adobo and saltines and toss in a hot pan of grease mmm

Hood

« Reply #7 on: Apr 25, 2005, 08:14 AM »
Frying is great and since you guys covered the bases there ill offer a baked recipe. Gut-em clean em and cut their heads off. Grease the bottom of a baking pan real good with butter,  Cover trout inside and out with garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, lemon pepper if u have some (if it is salted dont use regular salt)  Put one sprig of rosemary inside each trout cavity along with couple slices of butter, cover each trout with a slice of bacon and bake it at 350 for about 30-40 mins or until it the meat starts to flake. Make sure you use enough butter to keep the pan from drying up, you want there to be a little liquid in the bottom of the pan the whole time. Can add a little water to the pan or some chicken stock if u want more flavor.
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

MikeVT

• Wishin I was Fishin!!!
« Reply #8 on: Apr 25, 2005, 02:46 PM »
If they are too big to panfry, stuff them with crabmeat and bake until skin starts to flake off.  Better that any restaurant.

troutbum

• Wish I was Fishing!
« Reply #9 on: Apr 27, 2005, 12:25 PM »
MikeVT,
I use the crabmeat but I also add bluecheese :)
"Nature hides her secrets because of her essential loftiness, but not by means of ruse."
Einstein

the Wizard

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2005, 01:27 PM »
I like to grill them sometimes .
  I put them in foil with olive oil , onions, garlic powder[or salt] ,pepper; or use italian dressing which is also good,  white wine and butter is pretty good too.
I have a friend who boils his and dips it in butter, he says it taste like lobster.

I have a foreman at work that told me he cuts off the heads ,guts and scales them,he then cuts them into stakes and somehow cans them bones and all; he claims the bones soften up and it is all edible then he adds that you will never buy tuna fish again once you try it .[I haven't yet though].
Catch and release in a hot pan of grease.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2005, 06:05 PM »
Trout love the citrus fruits....I like to steam my trout on the BBQ, make a nice foil bag and throw in a wack of butter or oil, lay the trout inside and cover with sliced, lemons, limes and oranges. Maybe some diced onion and of course a few heads of dill....where do you find a stupid smiley licking his lips  ;D

grumpymoe

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2005, 06:30 PM »
they all sound great, but you honestly haven't truly enjoyed trout until they have been BOILED.....check out "Trout Boil" in the recipe section....I guarantee you will more often try them this way......once you've tried it....Grump

devil-man

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2005, 01:10 AM »
My favorite is similiar to the Wizard's.
I stuff each one with onion, garlic, lemon, and a pat of butter.
I then wrap them individually in foil and put them on the grill.
They taste better this way with the skin on and the bones left in.

JigNasty

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2005, 01:44 PM »
for all of you out on a fishing expedition without an easy bake oven... cut the trout into two steaks and shape the foil into a bowl, leaving enough to seal at the top. Drop the fish in the foil and add butter, your favorite red wine, a smidge of parsley & italian seasoning, add a pinch of salt & pepper and a little cajun seasoning as well. Seal up the top of the foil so it looks like a jiffey pop container and every once in a while give it a light shake.  Simmer it on the foil until it turns white and enjoy!  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.