FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Turkey on The Barbey  (Read 2662 times)

vancouvercanuck

Turkey on The Barbey
« on: Oct 06, 2005, 10:46 AM »
So i'm thinking of putting the Turkey on the BBQ Monday for Thanksgiving. I'm going to put in onto the rotisary. Anyone ever do this? How did it turn out? How long does it take?
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

Hookset

Re: Turkey on The Barbey
« Reply #1 on: Oct 06, 2005, 02:26 PM »
Actually, I have.  It was a relatively small bird, I think 11 pounds.  I cooked it on my rotisserie on medium (about 325 degree I believe).  The key is to get the core temperature to 165 degrees, I believe.  IT CAME OUT AWESOME.  Self basting and absolutely luscious!  I did have to tie the legs together so they didn't flop around too much.  I removed the little popper thing, but you probably don't have to.

The size of your grill will probably dictate the size of the bird.  I could not have gone much bigger, and I have a rather large grill.  Great luck to you!
We don't own the Earth, the Earth owns us.
US ARMY Veteran: A Battery 6/32 FA, MLRS

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #2 on: Oct 06, 2005, 02:56 PM »

I'll not only take the grates out (which I always do when I'm using the rotisserie), but I think I'll also take out the drip catcher thingys for the burners. I'll then put a nice big aluminum roaster under the turkey for the gravy.
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

grumpymoe

« Reply #3 on: Oct 07, 2005, 08:22 PM »
VC....you can do it!!!!.....you have the right idea about removing the grates.....turn the puppy as low as possible and put that turkey on for 4-5 hours on the lowest heat possible....but....before you do that.......sear the outer on high quite quickly......then reduce the heat......you're going to be eating a lot of tasty turkey....trust me....slow is better.....Grump   (baste regularly and through the entire process).........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... ;D ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.