FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sally update  (Read 4033 times)

bigr

Sally update
« on: Mar 14, 2018, 08:51 AM »
With the water falling quickly fishing on the Sally should pick up soon. Right now I would expect some fish to be found upstream in the Mt Etna area in slack areas. Might take some hiking to find but can be worth it. As the water level drops follow  river downstream. 105 bridge will get good in the next 4 to 7 days in same locations as ice fishing, same goes for the camp ground area in lost bridge west. Water coming into the resi from river is running clear right now and will help slowly clear entire resi. A good rain will change all this info but with luck we'll be filling limits soon.

RoeBoat

Re: Sally update
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2018, 12:14 PM »
Thanks for the great report as always!

bev

« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2018, 12:18 PM »
thanks Bigr that is what I was thinking of doing this weekend but I just found out that I have to work :cursing:

bherr24

« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2018, 10:04 PM »
I got out today for a few. Never been to Sally before today but decided to give it a try at the 105.  Lot of people out and i seen a few fish caught.We were only able to catch 1 crappie there. I left there and went back to more familiar territory at the Missy.  We ended up with 14 keepers there and just as many throw backs. Fishing 8-10 foot deep over a couple falling trees in the area of red bridge using black/char tubes and a small float. Had a couple pushing 12 inches and several in the 9 to 10 inch range. Was a beautiful day to be out and nice to finally get on some fish in the Missy.

bev

« Reply #4 on: Mar 19, 2018, 05:12 AM »
thanks for the update. I live just around the corner from the 105 bridge. I think it needs to be sable for a day then they should be ok.

tater140

« Reply #5 on: Mar 21, 2018, 09:12 PM »
Well... we launched in the wind and mud tonight out of the dora ramp.  Fished for an hr or two up towards the dam then back to the ramp.  Didnt catch any fish but we had fun watching the eagles.  Water was pretty muddy yet...  probably should have headed towards the 105 to find fish.  Water was still mostly around the 40 degree mark.  We did find 44 in the back of a few coves.... did i mention it was windy,  i mostly forgot how i dislike fishing in the wind.

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Mar 21, 2018, 09:25 PM »
Only one thing worse than fishing in just the wind; windy AND cold!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

bherr24

« Reply #7 on: Mar 22, 2018, 10:36 PM »
I hit up Missy again this evening and did decent once we found em. Water was down 5 feet from Sunday so the fish had moved. Ended up taking home 15. Most were around 10 inches did have 2 bigger ones at 12 and 13 inches.  Majority of the catch so far has been black crappie.  Snow moving in the area this weekend and a chance for possible heavy rain next week.  Sure hope not.

bev

« Reply #8 on: Mar 23, 2018, 05:11 AM »
I heard they was doing good at missy but sally has been a little slow. Water is trying to clear up and warm up. Sally is about back to winter pool.

bubbagill

« Reply #9 on: Apr 12, 2018, 08:40 PM »
Anyone have a update about Missy or Sally?  Any luck lately?

bherr24

« Reply #10 on: Apr 12, 2018, 08:50 PM »
Not recently. We tore them up on the lake side at missy on good friday fishing off the bank. Kept 37 nice ones. We left em still biting that day. Then the rain came and messed it all up like seems to happen every year now. Lake is droppin now but still 5 feet over summer pool. Spillway is very high as well. Mid april almost and the crappie bite below the spillway still has yet to turn on. Latest i can remember in some time there. Oh yeah..more rain comin this weekend possibly an inch or more.

bigr

« Reply #11 on: Apr 13, 2018, 03:10 AM »
Hit several of my early season spots with no luck at all. Conditions are terrible but biggest problem is the water is just not warming up. Doesn't look good as far as the forecast goes. I'll work the sally over today but don't have high hopes.

RoeBoat

« Reply #12 on: Apr 13, 2018, 11:06 AM »
This weather is making it really tough fishing and if you're fishing a river system it's even worse!

TennesseeFreeze

« Reply #13 on: Apr 13, 2018, 01:15 PM »
This weather is making it really tough fishing and if you're fishing a river system it's even worse!
I hear ya my friend!

TennesseeFreeze

« Reply #14 on: Apr 16, 2018, 05:48 PM »
Where ya at bev? I know your right around the corner! Is she flooded from the snow?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.