FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Spring Break up NSR?  (Read 6237 times)

WorkToFish

Re: Spring Break up NSR?
« Reply #15 on: Apr 05, 2010, 01:51 PM »
as for sturgon being closed to fishing it would say in big bold letters like it doesin B.C "FISHING FOR STURGON IS STICTLY PROHIBATED"

bushnell

« Reply #16 on: Apr 05, 2010, 03:39 PM »
Was out on sat, checking out some holes. Still too much ice coming down,hope to get back out this weekend .Gotta love those early season Sturgeon.

perchfinder

« Reply #17 on: Apr 05, 2010, 05:29 PM »
as for sturgon being closed to fishing it would say in big bold letters like it doesin B.C "FISHING FOR STURGON IS STICTLY PROHIBATED"

:police:                 :bowdown:               :rotflol:                :whistling:

WorkToFish

« Reply #18 on: Apr 19, 2010, 11:00 AM »
Im heading down to whitemud creek ill let ya know if the bites on

bushnell

« Reply #19 on: Apr 19, 2010, 10:13 PM »
The boy and I went out on Sunday to one of the old holes.It wasn't a bad day for  fishing, the weather was beautiful and we managed to catch a few. Watched a few Sturgeon breach, had one on but it broke off. Ended up with a couple of nice Pike (a 10 &7 LBSER)3 walleyes and a white sucker. Will be going back out on Friday after work.

jaystev

« Reply #20 on: Apr 21, 2010, 02:10 PM »
I finally got out for a nsr fishing session this past weekend. I started friday uder the devon bridge, launched my kayak and started off for edmonton. The goldeye and even a few smaller walleyes were practically lining up for my streamers! Fishing hole after hole and skirting the deep flows I barely had time to enjoy the beautiful scenery and abundant wildlife the valley has to offer. Saturday the tender tailbone forced me to fish from shore so I checked out the local "spots". Spent the better part of the day tying every hook and  fly I own to no avail. I switched to my Dads technique(pickerel rig and worms) and found some fair sized suckers. Just when i was thinking of going home for the day my rod doubled over and the drag started to zing, I thought log right? I then realized that it was going upstream! I let it run, I thought it would turn or stop but when my spool was getting down to the last layer of line it went slack. Ive never reeled in so fast in my life! THinking it was gone i stopped to light a smoke and nearly lost my rod to the bugger. ten minutes later i saw it for the first time...A sturgeon the size of my leg around and easily 4and a half feet long! I was fishing on top of a chunk of ice stuck on the bank , too high to reach the waterso in i went .Screaming for my buddy to get a picture he calmly points out that I had the camera in my pocket which was now submerged. So all in all i released the old guy with only one thought on my mind...I just caught the fish of my life 5 minutes from home in a river most wont even wade in, and nobodys gonna believe me. I think the next camera is going to be waterproof.

Rumtan

« Reply #21 on: Apr 22, 2010, 07:58 AM »
Great stuff, your buddy is all the proof you ll need.  I`m guessing that fish will hang around for your next visit to that spot.

shepike

• I didnt like barb anyway.
« Reply #22 on: Apr 26, 2010, 03:40 PM »
Great reports!! and  very very interesting about the sturgeon, what a fun day. that river still has me skunked....but maybe try again tomorrow, its been to long without a line in the water.....
oh yes there were fresh cougar tracks along Devon....wildlife is very out there .....

j
give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and it's TOTAL NUCLEAR WAR.- Monty Python.

jaystev

« Reply #23 on: Apr 30, 2010, 10:29 AM »
Great reports!! and  very very interesting about the sturgeon, what a fun day. that river still has me skunked....but maybe try again tomorrow, its been to long without a line in the water.....
oh yes there were fresh cougar tracks along Devon....wildlife is very out there .....

j
I agree, I saw a wolf in the valley just down stream from the dump last week.

bushnell

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2010, 05:41 PM »
The river valley never ceases to amaze me.Last Saturday out at one of my favorite spots came across a fresh set of Bear tracks. While sitting and waiting for the fish to bite watched a Bald Eagle,and an Osprey fly by each other. Then on the way back to the van came across 3 Whitetails.Yay and the Sturgeon are still winning,willhave to try again Tommorrow.

WorkToFish

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2010, 11:48 PM »
lost one yesterday buddy going out to gleniffer lake tommorow ill let ya know how i make out

bushnell

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2010, 02:09 AM »
Just got home from work,will head out as soon some time in the morning.

bushnell

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2010, 11:21 PM »
So got out this afternoon the fishing was slow. The weather was OK in between the rain showers. Managed to catch acouple of suckers,a walleye ,gholdeye and 2 Sturgeon. A 37& a 52 incher,both were recaps.Now have to wait until next weekend.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.