FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: fishing in tampa for anything.  (Read 12896 times)

peple of the perch

fishing in tampa for anything.
« on: May 19, 2004, 07:23 PM »
any good fishing places in florda salt/fresh fishing in july please respond

troutfinder22

• Catchin theese fish like its goin out of style
Re: fishing in tampa for anything.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 04, 2004, 07:40 PM »
If u want to go for big bass  I recomend lake Tarpon  in Tarpin springs and palm harbor about 20-25 minutes north of Tampa  I have seen many fish over 10 pounds come out of there.  any other questions let me know I now live in Mass. but I lived in that area for 8 years

waterdawg14622

« Reply #2 on: Jun 05, 2004, 08:30 PM »
I am  planning a trip to Tampa  to visit my brother Jun 27th-July 4 and wanted to do some bassfishing.  If anybody could help me with any info it would be much appreciated.  Boat rentals?  Local Guides?  Thx  JEFF
Jeff

troutfinder22

« Reply #3 on: Jun 05, 2004, 10:21 PM »
I will find out the name of a good guide we used to use near Tampa also on Lake Tarpon there is boat rentals,  The guide is a good way to go espessially if u are somewhat limited on time  your chances of getting alot af big ones are greater in my opionon

peple of the perch

« Reply #4 on: Jun 06, 2004, 07:36 AM »
what about fishing for the bass on shore in july. and what about shore fishing in salt water. would i catch anything cause i hear that the fish slow down in july and move out. i am talking about fish like snook redfish andspotted trout.

troutfinder22

« Reply #5 on: Jun 06, 2004, 11:00 AM »
The inshore fishing does slow down some  Some of them are still there.  I used to fish a place called Honeymoon island (shore fishing)  I got a few decent snook and trout  I used to use shrimp (live)  also pieces of squid work   If you are looking for a charter to go out 8-12 miles and fish near all the fake reefs  I used to catch alot of Mackeral,grouperand alot of other large fish our freezers were all full for a long time  If u have anymore questions let me know I can also give you the name of that charter we used a few times to go deep sea fishing

peple of the perch

« Reply #6 on: Jun 06, 2004, 11:28 AM »
what about fake lures for these fish.work   If you are looking for a charter to go out 8-12 miles and fish near all the fake reefs  I used to catch alot of Mackeral,grouperand alot of other large fish is this during the summer because i have a neighbor that went their last week and he had to go out 70 miles. and this is in july

peple of the perch

« Reply #7 on: Jun 06, 2004, 12:51 PM »
i would also like the name of the charter. also i heard their is a place for peacock bass do u know anywhere where i can catch them

bassfisher32

« Reply #8 on: Jun 08, 2004, 07:29 AM »
   it matters what you want to catch we cought grouper  and some grunts bringing in a grouper is like trying to real in a block of cement.  but we onley had to go out about 6-8 miles was end of july and they were still getting trout on clearwater beach pier

peple of the perch

« Reply #9 on: Jun 08, 2004, 03:18 PM »
grouper red snapper and tuna is what we want to go after in deep water. how long of a boat ride is that. also i would like to catch a redfish and a spotted trout from shore

bassfisher32

« Reply #10 on: Jun 10, 2004, 06:17 AM »
my brother is troutfinder22 he lived down there i just visited him he will get back to you bye the weekend

peple of the perch

« Reply #11 on: Jun 11, 2004, 08:27 AM »
thanks for the info. ;D

peple of the perch

« Reply #12 on: Jun 16, 2004, 07:43 AM »
how long is the boat ride and what charter did u use and was the price reasonable

bassfisher32

« Reply #13 on: Jun 16, 2004, 08:57 AM »
we payed about $550+tip for 5 of us+ coolers full of beer . wasnt a long trip we left from a town called dunden  {think i spelled it wrong} next to clearwater its in downtown dunden many of different boats but try to go with rosalee charters if you can {old lady that knowes her stuff hubbys the deck hand :) :)}ill try to get the phone # for ya 

bassfisher32

« Reply #14 on: Jun 16, 2004, 08:58 AM »
we payed about $550+tip for 5 of us+ coolers full of beer . wasnt a long trip we left from a town called dunden  {think i spelled it wrong} next to clearwater its in downtown dunden many of different boats but try to go with rosalee charters if you can {old lady that knowes her stuff hubbys the deck hand :) :)}ill try to get the phone # for ya 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.