FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Spring Striper migration  (Read 20500 times)

westernmas

Re: Spring Striper migration
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2018, 03:04 PM »
Got my first down in Rhode Island last night fun 30 minute sleigh ride on the kayak fish went 41 inches

Gotta love hooking into a big girl in the yak.  I'll be doing the same the weekend of the 9-10th.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2018, 03:25 PM »
Nice fish Pat.
Wicked Wec

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2018, 06:56 PM »
those are some interesting rocks :rotflol:

lowaccord66

« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2018, 07:59 PM »
Nice fish bud.  Don't blame ya for editing the background.  I won't talk online about surfcasting spots unless they are well known like the breeches, montauk or canal.  I have spots in rhody we use canal bikes to get into.  Just how that game goes.  The more work you put in to find your "spots" the better the reward can be. 

Speaking of...Mike any interest in dropping a surf bum off at Cutty?  Early June can be insane.  Need a ride to get there though!

Knot there yet

« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2018, 07:19 AM »
Nice fish
I got three last night nothing over 20”

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2018, 08:30 AM »
Nice fish bud.  Don't blame ya for editing the background.  I won't talk online about surfcasting spots unless they are well known like the breeches, montauk or canal.  I have spots in rhody we use canal bikes to get into.  Just how that game goes.  The more work you put in to find your "spots" the better the reward can be. 

Speaking of...Mike any interest in dropping a surf bum off at Cutty?  Early June can be insane.  Need a ride to get there though!

PM me some details/plans.
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2018, 12:14 PM »
PM me some details/plans.

Ill shoot ya a text.  I had all of those logistics.  I have extra surf gear if you wanted to play too.  Lots of topwater action out there.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2018, 01:56 PM »
Ill shoot ya a text.  I had all of those logistics.  I have extra surf gear if you wanted to play too.  Lots of topwater action out there.

Sounds good!
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2018, 02:29 PM »
https://youtu.be/j9fq4cDowtw

Charlie at CMS is the man...

Knot there yet

« Reply #69 on: Jun 13, 2018, 09:52 AM »
First keeper Saturday 30” not bad cause I only got one mackerel on kayak. Felt good to hear drag sing a little.

westernmas

« Reply #70 on: Jun 13, 2018, 10:59 AM »
First keeper Saturday 30” not bad cause I only got one mackerel on kayak. Felt good to hear drag sing a little.

Curious how you get the macks on your kayak.  Are you using a sabiki rig to jig them up?
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Knot there yet

« Reply #71 on: Jun 19, 2018, 08:49 AM »
Curious how you get the macks on your kayak.  Are you using a sabiki rig to jig them up?
yes sabiki. Trolling

lowaccord66

« Reply #72 on: Jun 19, 2018, 09:57 AM »

Find B Bouy.  Macks usually out that way in the harbor.  Then take them to deer island rip and, well let them rip! 

westernmas

« Reply #73 on: Jun 19, 2018, 03:10 PM »
Find B Bouy.  Macks usually out that way in the harbor.  Then take them to deer island rip and, well let them rip!

Think that area is fishable in the kayak?  The rip out in Buzzards Bay got pretty bad during an incoming tide.  Obviously I couldnt resist drifting an eel through it a couple times but the waves hitting the back of the yak tends to want to turn you sideways.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #74 on: Jun 19, 2018, 05:09 PM »
Think that area is fishable in the kayak?  The rip out in Buzzards Bay got pretty bad during an incoming tide.  Obviously I couldnt resist drifting an eel through it a couple times but the waves hitting the back of the yak tends to want to turn you sideways.

I can't answer that honestly Pat.  I guess it would depend on how big your stones are.  I'd avoid that rip on a minus tide.  I'd avoid it during the day (boat traffic) but from deer island itself it can be fished.  Big bass inhabit that rip at times! 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.