FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Quick trip with a big reward  (Read 4241 times)

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
Re: Quick trip with a big reward
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 01:17 PM »
A lot of white on that 9lber. Nice fish and nice work.

lowaccord66

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2018, 02:10 PM »
Nice job Mike.  Any time you need a hand with those ugly blackfish you let me know.  I guess we dont need to trade filets anymore!   :D

elevatorman

• Finally made it on to team Lund ! 18 Sport Angler.
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2018, 04:34 PM »
Congrats 👍 on some great table fare sharps and congrats on your gobbler!
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

taxid

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2018, 08:01 PM »
I'm looking forward to getting some fresh saltwater fish on my vacation in Mass next month. Not the frozen crap we get out here in the midwest. Sure wish the Weathervane was still open in Leominster though.  :(

Can anybody recommend a resonable restaurant to do that in North Central  to Northeast Mass? I'll be camping in Littleton at the KOA Minuteman, but will be fishing as far west as Quabbin east to Devens and as south as South Pond in Brookfield.  Will catch plenty of freshwater panfish but love me some saltwater fish too!

And not one of those high priced places where you pay for the atmosphere!  ::)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2018, 08:27 PM »
Nice job Mike.  Any time you need a hand with those ugly blackfish you let me know.  I guess we dont need to trade filets anymore!   :D

lmao. Thanks Jon. I have a few good numbers that produce year after year. If you want a trip let me know. I like May and November for togs so let me know.
Wicked Wec

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2018, 08:34 PM »
Congrats 👍 on some great table fare sharps and congrats on your gobbler!

Thank you and Thank you. Both have eaten extremely well thats for sure. love cooking game i harvest. Gives it the finishing touch for me.

Blackened tautog on cast iron with Hollandaise sauce and  apple stuffed wild roasted turkey (240 deg.) with rosemary butter glaze. Separate meals.

Wicked Wec

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2018, 08:35 PM »
pictures when i am back at my pc
Wicked Wec

elevatorman

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2018, 04:59 AM »
Thank you and Thank you. Both have eaten extremely well thats for sure. love cooking game i harvest. Gives it the finishing touch for me.

Blackened tautog on cast iron with Hollandaise sauce and  apple
 stuffed wild roasted turkey (240 deg.) with rosemary butter glaze. Separate meals.
sounds awesome
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2018, 10:22 AM »
Permission to drool.

Wicked Wec

elevatorman

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2018, 10:37 AM »
Looks awesome lots of feathers to pluck though . :D

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2018, 11:09 AM »

Yeah it was worth it though. I do not do much turkey hunting since its all public land for me. If I had an opportunity to hunt on private land or on a farm I would do it more often. However, I did my homework and it paid off on my first outing this season. The last Gobbler I took down was at least 15 years ago. Right at the start of the day I had a gut feeling that it was going to be a productive day when I had the presence of mosquito's even with a serious breeze. Same thing happened when I got that gobbler years ago. I have been out a handful of times in the past few years but was unsuccessful and there were no mosquito's. Odd.....

The other thing I would love to do is either some goose or duck hunting. I have shell and floater decoys, calls and non lead ammo as well as everything else needed but have never been able to get them on public land. If anyone here is a prolific migratory bird hunter give me a shout. I do not see many guides in this area either.
Wicked Wec

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2018, 11:10 AM »

I meant to ask, do you just peel the skin off? I wonder if the air compressor trick works on turkeys as well. Does me wonders on rabbits.
Wicked Wec

elevatorman

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2018, 11:35 AM »
I just breast them out . :tipup:

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2018, 11:39 AM »
I just breast them out . :tipup:

Save the rest for me lol. At least 2 more meals out of the rest of the bird. Extremities go into the crock pot and bones and scrap used for soup.
Wicked Wec

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2018, 12:24 PM »
Well done with the Tog. Finally got my boat back from having a few things done to it. I'll be on the water soon
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.