FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Quick trip with a big reward  (Read 4243 times)

elevatorman

• Finally made it on to team Lund ! 18 Sport Angler.
Re: Quick trip with a big reward
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2018, 06:10 PM »
Save the rest for me lol. At least 2 more meals out of the rest of the bird. Extremities go into the crock pot and bones and scrap used for soup.
I find the wild turkey legs tough as hell you gotta cook them like 3 days in a crock pot to break them down :laugh: going to go in the morning hopefully the rains hold out till after the hunt. Nice job useing the entire bird 👍
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2018, 07:30 PM »
I find the wild turkey legs tough as hell you gotta cook them like 3 days in a crock pot to break them down :laugh: going to go in the morning hopefully the rains hold out till after the hunt. Nice job useing the entire bird 👍

Thanks. if you gwt another one roast it on 240 for 4 hours. baste last hour with juices.
2 honeycrisp apples split in 4 in the cavity keeps it moist. rosemary is what i like for an herb. if you look at the leg in my picture it began to split and was fall off the bone not tough at all. Or... leave in freezer and ill make a ride lol.
Wicked Wec

elevatorman

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2018, 03:22 AM »
You bet bud off to hunt a bit chilly  :-\
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2018, 07:08 AM »
You bet bud off to hunt a bit chilly  :-\

good luck and hope you already got one. Mickey mouse club house for me right now.
Wicked Wec

elevatorman

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2018, 08:46 AM »
Lol blew it regrouping going. Back out right now had some Jake's come in they where elevated above me took the shot but blew it  :-\

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2018, 08:29 PM »
I just breast them out . :tipup:

Use the thighs and legs for Jerky. That's what I tried on my two and it came out great. Jalapeno, Cajon and terriaki

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2018, 08:37 PM »
Lol blew it regrouping going. Back out right now had some Jake's come in they where elevated above me took the shot but blew it  :-\

Ouch. I hate that when they approach you from the back when they come in quiet. It happened to me twice this season.

elevatorman

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2018, 11:59 AM »
Same hear my setup never goes as planned  lots of birds where I hunt Neve know what's going  to happen hey jiggyt
 That jerky sounds good. Hopefully get one this weekend. Long ways to deer season :'(

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2018, 01:43 PM »
Same hear my setup never goes as planned  lots of birds where I hunt Neve know what's going  to happen hey jiggyt
 That jerky sounds good. Hopefully get one this weekend. Long ways to deer season :'(

let me know if you need venison. Had a season of a lifetime.
Wicked Wec

taxid

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2018, 01:53 PM »
Found some great seafood restaurants in the area via Yelp if anybody cares.  :whistling: :rotflol:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

elevatorman

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2018, 03:56 PM »
let me know if you need venison. Had a season of a lifetime.
Thanks for your generous offer sharps I shot 2 bucks with my bow and passed on countless doe.  Plenty of venny .  Just love hunting  tic toc tic toc .... :tipup:

elevatorman

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2018, 03:56 PM »
Found some great seafood restaurants in the area via Yelp if anybody cares.  :whistling: :rotflol:
Nothing like getting your own  8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.