FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Outboard Lawnmower?  (Read 2548 times)

taxid

Re: Outboard Lawnmower?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2018, 07:49 AM »
I know what you mean, theres just no way for my fuel line to suck it up.  The water deosnt mix with my fuel.

Could it have been something in the fuel?

I notice a sediment in the bottom of my fuel cans once they sit for a while.

That said you would be amazed at how small of microorganisms, zooplankton and phytoplankton there can be in bodies of water that can get past even the smallest filters. Could get through and build up, or build up on one side of a filter.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Baitbucket

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2018, 08:18 AM »
Got it all back together and it's running great. will try to get out today and give it a good test run.

taxid

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2018, 01:08 PM »
Got it all back together and it's running great. will try to get out today and give it a good test run.

It's a darn shame you have to do go to all the trouble to do a test run and catch fish doing it.   ;D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Baitbucket

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2018, 02:00 PM »
It's a darn shame you have to do go to all the trouble to do a test run and catch fish doing it.   ;D

Just got back.

The boat ran GREAT! Fired right up and idled better than i think it ever has.  Ran it for a good 6 miles with a top speed of 21mph. No issues at all.
Tolled one pass by one of my spots, got 2 lakers that could have been twins, then ran back in to the ramp.

taxid

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2018, 05:32 AM »
Just got back.

The boat ran GREAT! Fired right up and idled better than i think it ever has.  Ran it for a good 6 miles with a top speed of 21mph. No issues at all.
Tolled one pass by one of my spots, got 2 lakers that could have been twins, then ran back in to the ramp.

Nice fish! 

james1981

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2018, 06:20 PM »
 Its good to know I am not the only one plagued by mud wasps.... FYI I did check the impeller for alarm, I had new waterpump installed a year ago so I should be all set, it was time to replace it.  I only get the alarm at full RPM when the valve is stuck shut, I also did get a bunch of weeds in there once it was blocked up by mud wasp larva, quick fix is putting the rabbit ears on it and disconnecting the valve and hitting it with carb cleaner.

Could that be plastic or corrosion of tank if you put stabilizer in the tank? Slivers of Varnish on carbs?  Definitley very interesting,  Do you disconnect your gas when you store your boat, It kinda looks like mud wasp grass I have gotten similar things in the pee valve...

Baitbucket

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2018, 10:24 AM »
    Could that be plastic or corrosion of tank if you put stabilizer in the tank? Slivers of Varnish on carbs?  Definitley very interesting,  Do you disconnect your gas when you store your boat, It kinda looks like mud wasp grass I have gotten similar things in the pee valve...

My tank is a 6gal plastic removable tank.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.