FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2 man limit of lake michigan lobster (sunday)  (Read 10628 times)

cooner2

2 man limit of lake michigan lobster (sunday)
« on: Mar 24, 2009, 07:33 PM »
Fished sunday with southside bob and kept 30 perch.  Surprised to find when cleaning them that all of them had eggs.  Did alot of sorting as

many fish were on the small side, did manage 4 jumbos.  There was people everywhere fishing from shore off bridges, sllips, embankments,

and boats.  Also cruised down to Bp and watched a guy land a nice brown or coho.  Action is heating up can't wait to get out again thinking

about thursday morning before winds switch around again.

JC

corona sully

Re: 2 man limit of lake michigan lobster (sunday)
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2009, 07:39 PM »
Fished sunday with southside bob and kept 30 perch.  Surprised to find when cleaning them that all of them had eggs.  Did alot of sorting as

many fish were on the small side, did manage 4 jumbos.  There was people everywhere fishing from shore off bridges, sllips, embankments,

and boats.  Also cruised down to Bp and watched a guy land a nice brown or coho.  Action is heating up can't wait to get out again thinking

about thursday morning before winds switch around again.sounds good cooner-did you catch them in illinois or indiana water

JC

Boomer

« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2009, 07:59 PM »
Coming up for my spring trip this Fri-Sun. Any advice for coho or browns from shore? Thought about going to MC. on Fri. morning. Where would be a good place for the boy and wife to catch some perch? Sorry, shore fishing only.

cooner2

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2009, 08:06 PM »
lots of people fishing river from shore but i fish from my boat.  check out great lakes fishing sports council  to get the shore scoop.

http://great-lakes.org/

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #4 on: Mar 26, 2009, 08:47 PM »
3 man limit in a matter of 2 1/2 hours this evening. 12-15 inchers!
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

cooner2

« Reply #5 on: Mar 26, 2009, 08:54 PM »
NDA where you launching from?  We did alot of sorting couldn't keep a minner down for 10 secs early on action slowed a little towards 11:00 a.m. could have llmited out in about an hour however we were much more selective.  Did you fish lake street or 95th?

thanks

JC

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #6 on: Mar 27, 2009, 12:16 PM »
yea we went to 95th last week didn't get anything over 9" every body keeps saying there huge down there so i send a buddy and he comes back laughing. i launched out of pastrick marina. the lake was nice and flat. now with this system coming in and the ne winds we wont be able to get to em will have to wait until the lake calms back down again.
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

bluegillmaster2011

« Reply #7 on: Mar 27, 2009, 05:26 PM »
how far our are you going? i fish perch on lake michigan in the summer and i thought they only came in when the water warms up?
cold morning air+ smell of exaust and the roar of the motor starting=HEAVEN

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #8 on: Mar 27, 2009, 07:31 PM »
running between 6-7 miles east about 2 miles out from the shore. they are in 48-50 fow. cleaned all of my fish and only one of them was a male!!!!

bluegillmaster2011

« Reply #9 on: Mar 27, 2009, 08:29 PM »
the 2 miles out would explain them not being ''in'' haha :laugh:
cold morning air+ smell of exaust and the roar of the motor starting=HEAVEN

taxid

« Reply #10 on: Mar 27, 2009, 09:01 PM »

about thursday morning before winds switch around again.

JC

Why were you surprised they all had eggs?  ??? ??? ???
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

cooner2

« Reply #11 on: Mar 27, 2009, 09:15 PM »
taxidermist,

I have been fishing LM for about 5 years now and have rarely seen eggs in all the perch.  Usually I don't start catching perch till around mothers day thogh.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #12 on: Mar 28, 2009, 12:31 AM »
no im not suprised they all had eggs ( well so to speek) i was suprised we didnt get any more males than that. those girlies are really trying to feed up thats for sure!!

Piggyn

« Reply #13 on: Mar 28, 2009, 06:31 PM »
those girlies are really trying to feed up thats for sure!!

When are women not stuffing their faces?
Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

taxid

« Reply #14 on: Mar 30, 2009, 09:39 AM »
taxidermist,

I have been fishing LM for about 5 years now and have rarely seen eggs in all the perch.  Usually I don't start catching perch till around mothers day thogh.

Oh I get you now. You mean you rarely catch ALL females vs. what I was thinking that you though it was too early for them to develop eggs. My bad!  :-[

I have read that certain times of years the schools are composed primarily of one sex but I can't substantiate that.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.