FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake Michigan Perch  (Read 18942 times)

northrn-duck-assassin

Re: Lake Michigan Perch
« Reply #15 on: Jun 23, 2009, 10:15 PM »
went to the pig pen monday afternoon picked 13 it was a bit hard for me to laocate the active pods of fish. heading to navy peir in the morning. buddy was up there this mornin and pounded on em 16"ers!! when im done there i have to switch boat loads to take a few other guys out but im prob staying at the pig pen on the second run as downtown will be loaded with pleasure boaters by 10 a.m. i'll be in the 16' camo boat!
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

cohobob

« Reply #16 on: Jun 24, 2009, 05:48 AM »
Fished Cal Park yesterday for about 6 hours, kept 30 realyy nice fish , despite east wind, just kept moving around withe the trolling motor picking one or two at each spot, most of the fish were caught on soft shells and spinners. in 16' to 20'

abishop

« Reply #17 on: Jun 24, 2009, 08:01 AM »
Great 2 know. My plans changed. Cant go today so, look out tomorrow.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #18 on: Jun 24, 2009, 01:41 PM »
went to navy peir and pounded on em!! trollin trollin trollin!!!!!
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

abishop

« Reply #19 on: Jun 24, 2009, 06:14 PM »
any 16's like you were anticipating? How long did it take to get your limits.What depth was hottest? Where do you put in at to fish Navy pier. And you must have a Illinois license, also, isnt perch closed for Illinois residents in the month of June. I remember in the past the season was closed. I guess that this has changed. A friend caught 3 limits  in 5 hrs. yesterday at Cal. Heading there myself on Friday. stuff happening tomorrow with the storms and all. Maybe c u there.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #20 on: Jun 24, 2009, 11:15 PM »
navy peir i pulled a few 16 not many mostly 10-13 1/2!! my main depths were between 12-16 fow. chart beads with gold blade all chart or root beer colors were happening i was in and out in 1 1/2 hours 2 man limit. cal park my one buddy didnt do to hot until bout 9:30 or so then they got there limit all 10-14's in the evening i talked to some guys at the launch one boat sittin with 5 man limit another boat with 3 man limit another boat with 2 man limit, everyone else seemed to have a dozen to a dozen and a half. they are just starting to go now though! they aren't real aggresive on the spinners just yet but gradually getting there. these next few days will really get them goin. friday i will be in a white/blue 18' warrior.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #21 on: Jun 24, 2009, 11:17 PM »
also forgot illinois closes down july 1st. for some reason the co biologists think they spawn in july but they dont realize is they are spawned out they are at the peir thick because the crawfish are molting so the perch have a schmorgessborg goin on down there

abishop

« Reply #22 on: Jun 26, 2009, 05:34 PM »
Got out this morning and was 2 short of 2 limits. The wind shifted and it was done. We released about 20 shorties and even caught 5 on soft craws(all 12 1/2 plus). The largest was 14 1/4. Like always, the biggest one was lost at the boat. They are comming in better now. At 6:30 a.m. as we were putting in there was 2 guys leaving with their limits. It is sure nice to have a jumbo on before you can get the second rod in. All in  all a great day. Cant wait untill Monday 2 do it all over again. Talked 2 a guy who fished Navy Pier, 4 limits with multiple 16's. WOW.... Does anyone know 4 sure(I was told that they dont charge at 95 st during the week, however, 22.00 on weekends). If this is true I will start putting in at Cal park or 95 street. The wait at Hammond marina is terrible. BUT IT IS FREE... FISHING PERCH COSTS ENOUGH ALREADY WITHOUT PAYING TO LAUNCH. I wish they would put another free launch somewhere. I heard that it is free at Washington Park in Michigan City????????? Anyone know 4 sure?????

cohobob

« Reply #23 on: Jun 27, 2009, 06:29 AM »
Fished yesterday out of Hammond, ended up with 3 man limit, all very nice, great time had fishing with son and a good friend, nice thing with the wind there are no flys. Don't complain about the line at Hammond, its the ONLY launch in INDIANA that is FREE, Its a shame that every City, town or what ever charges residents to
launch a boat, who paid for the launch ? The tax payers. At Michigan City they charge you to Park your truck,

abishop

« Reply #24 on: Jun 27, 2009, 03:06 PM »
I have never had a problem with flies at Cal Park. Dont know what it is. Over by mills they will eat u alive. The only thing that works 4 me is 100 percent DEET. By the way I wasnt complaining, just stating a fact. So tell me, is launching a boat also free on the week days at Cal Park??????

Boomer

« Reply #25 on: Jun 27, 2009, 04:31 PM »
How much does it cost to launch/park at MC? Thinking about coming up soon.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #26 on: Jun 27, 2009, 06:23 PM »
COHOBOB-

you can launch cal park for free. they dont start sitting there till 8 a.m. and i actually havnt been charged at that launch yet this year and i have gone quiet a few evenings. im the hillbilly that runs the camo 16' flatbottom out there. hahaha. once in a while the lady tries to charge me when im done and loading my boat i just tell her no sorry i have already launched early a.m. and im done now. and its alot less of a run no matter what boat u r running and hardly any line at all at cal park.

Shadrap

• Addicted to Fishin
« Reply #27 on: Jul 01, 2009, 09:06 PM »
$10 MI City Marina.  I think its $8 at Washington Park.

88ranger

« Reply #28 on: Jul 02, 2009, 07:34 AM »
Is the boat launch at Washington park open again?  About a month and a half ago it was closed and I had to go to M.C. marina.

Boomer

« Reply #29 on: Jul 02, 2009, 04:59 PM »
Hoping to come up in one or two weeks if everything works out. Going to try for perch and if we are lucky some skams out of MC. Can anyone give me detailed directions to M.C. Marina in case I need to launch out of there? Feel free to pm me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.