FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Perch out of Michigan City today.  (Read 4570 times)

abishop

Re: Perch out of Michigan City today.
« Reply #15 on: Jul 08, 2011, 08:07 PM »
Hammond marina is FREE. The only free ramp into Lake Michigan I know of. And the afternoon bite always seems better to me IMO. FYI the bite today I was told was SLOW, AND ONLY LITTLE ONES. (I guess it always matters who you know and who you talk to).

nitecrawler

« Reply #16 on: Jul 08, 2011, 08:49 PM »
    How much is it to launch boat at Trail Creek Marina?

first sergeant

• suck it up and drive on troop
« Reply #17 on: Jul 08, 2011, 09:31 PM »
Have been fishing for L.M. perch for 35 yrs and it has been my experience that mornings are absolute best till about noon they tend to slow down, I have also done some drifting around instead of anchoring and following the pack and done quite better that way. That is also how I have come across some particularly better spots on the spot as we say in bass fihing.  Trail creek launch is only $15 but it is a little bit of a jaunt out to the breakwall.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so as one man sharpens another

abishop

« Reply #18 on: Jul 08, 2011, 09:59 PM »
It could be quite challenging at times. They will stop biting. This is when you have to move and find some that will bite. usually means moving deeper or shallower. Drifting or anchoring. Casting or trolling. They techniques are unlimited. A new one on me is a guy posted he was in 2 fow and casting to 4-6 fow and getting bites on almost every cast. Go figure. I to am a veteran for perch fishing. Think i have been doing it for about 50 years. think dad started me of at t he age of 6. We used to throw a trolley line out. Tie it to a pole and lower a trolley line with about 15 hooks on it. You fished it tight line, when you felt a bite you gave it a tug. After a few tugs you reeled in the baitcaster and removed the perch. Rebated and lowered back into the water. A really kewl way to fish. Ahhh the good old days.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #19 on: Jul 08, 2011, 10:47 PM »
I fished out of portage today. All dinks. North wind blew in the warm water. Out by west beach water was 68/69 degress. Over by the doghnut, water was 76/78 degrees. Too hot of water to fast. South winds coming look out, bite will be back on. Portage is the only place I do good mid day, never did good in morning or evening, all other perch grounds I do good in morning till bout 10-11 am. Drifting will produce more fish as we all know, u cover more fish, cover more fish u catch more fish. Eveery dog has his day. Right?! Lol. I been outout 6 of 7 days straight. Today n yesterday sucked. Got a four hour window saturday should be good, then looks like sunday is back on. My father always said east is the least.. Well today was northeast winds.
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

abishop

« Reply #20 on: Jul 09, 2011, 06:27 AM »
Ya man east is least but west is best. What up Mike. Figured you would be one of those few guys that got his JUMBO limit everytime out. I am hoping sometime next week the weeds will be up in Cal Harbor. I like to fish there the best.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #21 on: Jul 09, 2011, 12:11 PM »
al- im laid off so anyone needs a partner let me know. The perch should be in cal park, everyone been busy hitting portage, alot of boats I usually c in cal park r in portage fishing tje gaurantee fish. I prob gonna hit cal park tomorrow on my own if I dont find a partner for the day.
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

abishop

« Reply #22 on: Jul 09, 2011, 07:32 PM »
Hoping to get out Tuesday.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #23 on: Jul 10, 2011, 08:12 AM »
I got out saturday morning and hit blacks ditch and west.I did manage a limit but worked hard to get it.The skamania were on fire saturday.On my way out there were three hook ups with people fighting fish.Several stringers with at least one fish also.And on my way back in about noon it was still hot.Two people fighting fish and some walking back to their cars with limits.Hope to get out again.   NOTHING BEATS THOSE BEER BELLIES ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.