FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Spider Rigging Hurshtown Reservoir  (Read 11784 times)

theorigionalhd

Re: Spider Rigging Hurshtown Reservoir
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2014, 04:08 PM »
I went out to hurshtown today looking for eyes. I was using leeches about 7feet under a slip bobber, but I ended up catching 6 smallies. After I ran out of leeches I caught 3 more smallies on a wacky worm.

It was a solid day, and the bass were all over 14 inches and a blast to catch, but I really wanted some eyes. I'm not much of an eye fisherman and was wondering if anybody had any tips?

dsqui

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2014, 05:42 PM »
is there a public launch over there??  if so where

stinkybaits

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2014, 06:56 PM »
is there a public launch over there??  if so where

Hurshtown ran by the city of Fort Wayne it's the water reserve. Hours are 6 am to 9 pm seasonal. I think it's 4 bucks to fish or 25 for season pass they follow state regulations.

stinkybaits

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2014, 06:57 PM »
Oh and yes there is a launch with piers also has boat rentals. It's electric motor only.

stinkybaits

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2014, 06:59 PM »
I went out to hurshtown today looking for eyes. I was using leeches about 7feet under a slip bobber, but I ended up catching 6 smallies. After I ran out of leeches I caught 3 more smallies on a wacky worm.

It was a solid day, and the bass were all over 14 inches and a blast to catch, but I really wanted some eyes. I'm not much of an eye fisherman and was wondering if anybody had any tips?

Different bait perhaps. Crappie minnows wigglers and small tubes worked great for us.

stinkybaits

dsqui

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2014, 06:11 AM »
ok so since its seasonal i take it no ice fishing??  and it said closed on mondays so no monday fishing either or if you have a seasonal pass you can.  what if you have a boat you can load by hand (small jon boat)?

coustom rods

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2014, 07:18 PM »
carry it on down . just no gas motors.
gas motor can be on boat but must be tilted up .

chicagill34

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2014, 07:20 PM »
Its always closed on Mondays and yes you can unload a jon boat there easily..I took my boy out there today and tried the spider rigging for the first time,I let him take all the hits..He ended up with about 8 Crappies 3 Smallies and a decent Gill...Kinda slow but I had a fun learning experience and he was a happy camper..all that mattered..should be some more pics later from the Amish Mafia I seen out there..lol  Thanks for the Help Scott!!

stinkybaits

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2014, 09:41 PM »
No problem Jim! Good seeing you out with your son. Too bad was a bit slow on the spidy rigs today. Vertical jigging on the other hand tore it up! Once we show you how to do that in combination with spidy setup you'll be dialed in with a deadly setup!

stinkybaits

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2014, 08:51 PM »
Today was pretty productive at Hurshtown. Found the eyes a little later than we wanted to but they moved but it was on once we found them. Spider rigging was the ticket today. Caught some vertical fishing still but they weren't wanting the plastics today as much as the minnows. Funny how that changes day to day.

stinkybaits

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2014, 08:53 PM »

Zktaylor

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2014, 08:53 PM »
Very nice mess! I'll be out there tomorrow morning around 8. Hope I can hammer em like that! Also, are there any bait shops near the reservoir?

stinkybaits

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2014, 09:03 PM »
Nothing open at that time that I'm aware of or close to there.

Zktaylor

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2014, 09:06 PM »
Ok thanks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.