FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Spider Rigging Hurshtown Reservoir  (Read 11785 times)

crappie66

• BOILER UP
Re: Spider Rigging Hurshtown Reservoir
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2014, 10:15 PM »
Very nice mess! I'll be out there tomorrow morning around 8. Hope I can hammer em like that! Also, are there any bait shops near the reservoir?

Always buy your bait a day in advance to avoid the frustration.  Very few bait shops are open early morning, and those that post early opening hours are rarely ever open when they say they should be in the morning.

stinkybaits

« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2014, 10:31 PM »
Always buy your bait a day in advance to avoid the frustration.  Very few bait shops are open early morning, and those that post early opening hours are rarely ever open when they say they should be in the morning.

Great reply! You can get battery powered aerators that do a pretty good job keeping minnows alive over night. I'd also suggest bait buddies. Couple pellets you can drop in helps add oxygen and conditions the water.  I have pretty good luck keeping them alive over night doing that.

coustom rods

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2014, 08:22 PM »
 First time spider rigging with STINKY and Adam B.  had a blast .
It is a simple way to fish but deadly .
Lots of fun if u don't have to control the boat just sit and fish .
Thanks to the controller (Adam)  and thanks to Stinky for all the bait .
Will have to do it again .
Maybe on a different lake .

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2014, 12:42 PM »
Use hydrogen peroxide at a dose of a quarter of a teaspoon per 2 gallons of water  Dissolve it in a separate bucket of lake water and add it slowly into the bucket that your minnows are in or take some of the water in your bucket and add it to that,once again add it back in slowly. Dont add it directly to your minnow bucket, that will fry their gills. Also keep the minnows cool, they dont like warm water. Cheap way of doing it.

I just add a couple hand fulls of ice to the Styrofoam minnow bucket and put it in the fridge.  If for some reason I decide to keep the minnows for more than a night, every third day I change out half the water with tap water (heavily chlorinated lake Michigan water) and add a couple more hand fulls of ice.  I might have one or two die.

stinkybaits

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2014, 07:57 AM »
Got Fishslayer to Hurshtown Sunday afternoon. It was glass with severe clear. Eyes were lazy it was tough just catching crappies. Ended up with a decent mess of course it was starting to get good at closing time. Longer rods were getting the action boat was spooking them bad. Minnows and one inch tubes were the ticket.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.