FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: PERCH  (Read 12910 times)

northrn-duck-assassin

Re: PERCH
« Reply #30 on: Jul 12, 2017, 05:00 PM »
NDA
east or west
West of michigan city
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #31 on: Jul 12, 2017, 05:03 PM »
I know that in that past few years once you anchor and try to get on um they are gone . I've found that you have to drift over them bouncing bottom and just keep finding um when they quit bitting and do another drift. Also I've used small jigs vertical jigging the bottom and noticed the size of fish that I've caught are alot better size

Yes, jigs and flies help greatly produce fish and better fish at that.

Ive never anchored perch fishing, and honestly laugh at everyone that pulls up on me or the small group of boats im with and "plops" the anchor out. Keep moving and you will keep running over the top of fish, perch are very nomadic. Why wait them out, sure its fun and relaxing to be out fiahing, but not in the nasty heat. Lol
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

Spooled85

« Reply #32 on: Jul 12, 2017, 06:32 PM »
I really like when they are shallow enough to sight fish  ;D

libo

« Reply #33 on: Jul 13, 2017, 06:37 PM »
yea its pretty sad when it takes that long to get a limit of perch, an the limits only 15. may never be like the good olds days. but hopefully it will get better.

Spooled85

« Reply #34 on: Jul 13, 2017, 09:00 PM »
yea its pretty sad when it takes that long to get a limit of perch, an the limits only 15. may never be like the good olds days. but hopefully it will get better.

X'2

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #35 on: Jul 17, 2017, 01:56 PM »
Will it be worth trying Wednesday or Thursday this week with the settled weather

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #36 on: Jul 17, 2017, 07:46 PM »
Will it be worth trying Wednesday or Thursday this week with the settled weather

Most deffinetly!

abishop

« Reply #37 on: Jul 18, 2017, 08:34 PM »
Buddy caught 11 in 3 hours 10 to 13 1/2. 44foot of water. Tomorrow should be better. Wish I didn't have to work. He is heading out tomorrow. white scout mich. city east by condos.

abishop

« Reply #38 on: Jul 19, 2017, 03:47 PM »
Who is getting them and where. My friend is out there now 5 miles east of Mich city light house. Said between 2 guys they might have around 20. Not as big as yesterday and out there a lot longer. Told him to try between 14 and 24 fow by Mt. Baldy. Anyone getting them in this area? Winds going to change from the north tonight. This will probably put a stop on perching for another week. Cant wait o get out.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #39 on: Jul 19, 2017, 06:16 PM »
Who is getting them and where. My friend is out there now 5 miles east of Mich city light house. Said between 2 guys they might have around 20. Not as big as yesterday and out there a lot longer. Told him to try between 14 and 24 fow by Mt. Baldy. Anyone getting them in this area? Winds going to change from the north tonight. This will probably put a stop on perching for another week. Cant wait o get out.

12 hour north wind is gonna shut them down for a week??!?!?! 😂

Spooled85

« Reply #40 on: Jul 19, 2017, 06:30 PM »
Maybe a day or so if that , and usually has to be a good blow to mess with the fishing out there ...

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #41 on: Jul 19, 2017, 08:07 PM »
So Friday the winds will be out of the east according to marine forecast .The water temp is relitively cool  I thought that played a big part in keeping the perch close to shore weather the winds are out of the south or not  the only reason I'm considering going is for that reason and the waves will be reasonable anyone else want to chime in and save me some gas money!

abishop

« Reply #42 on: Jul 19, 2017, 11:48 PM »
12 hour north wind is gonna shut them down for a week??!?!?! 😂
Ok my bad, for the next 4 days where are thunderstorms in the forecast followed by 3 or 4 days of north winds. For me perch fishing is off limits for a week. I for 1 don't want to be on the lake when a thunder storm comes in. I have seen what that lake can do in a few minutes. Be careful if you venture out...

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #43 on: Jul 20, 2017, 05:39 AM »
Sounds like a good idea to wait again been trying to make it up and every time the weather cancels me out😡

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #44 on: Jul 20, 2017, 11:49 AM »
So Friday the winds will be out of the east according to marine forecast .The water temp is relitively cool  I thought that played a big part in keeping the perch close to shore weather the winds are out of the south or not  the only reason I'm considering going is for that reason and the waves will be reasonable anyone else want to chime in and save me some gas money!

I dont fish east winds because im a huge believer in "east is the least" but if it blows north one day and lats down then the wind switches to a favorable direction the very next day, i will get right back out there and catch them. If it blows north for 2-3 days straight. Yes that scatters the fish and pushes them deeper for a couple days. But a day maybe a little more of north wind doesnt stop me as soon as i get favorable winds.

Thunderstorms, yes watch them. Got caught in one out there last week, wasnt fun. Wind and waves dont bother me with a storm coming cause i will run in quick, but its the lightning that bothers me. I plan on getting out this weekend for some gold. Work is stopping me from tomorrow or today. Lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.