FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: PERCH  (Read 12929 times)

abishop

Re: PERCH
« Reply #45 on: Jul 20, 2017, 04:53 PM »
Canceled my job tomorrow. Have to check the winds. Hopefully they will let me go out.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #46 on: Jul 20, 2017, 06:27 PM »
Let us crazy perch chasers know how you did

abishop

« Reply #47 on: Jul 21, 2017, 05:43 AM »
Wife gave me a new honey do list.

Jig_Head

« Reply #48 on: Jul 21, 2017, 06:18 AM »
I'm on the back of the lighthouse trying 4 em now. Wave if one of ya come outta MC harbor

abishop

« Reply #49 on: Jul 21, 2017, 03:15 PM »
I'm on the back of the lighthouse trying 4 em now. Wave if one of ya come outta MC harbor
Catching any?

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #50 on: Jul 25, 2017, 05:39 AM »
Weather looks favorable anyone going to give it a go tomorrow?Im hoping to try but every time something gets in the way and I don't make it up

abishop

« Reply #51 on: Jul 25, 2017, 06:59 AM »
Weather looks favorable anyone going to give it a go tomorrow?Im hoping to try but every time something gets in the way and I don't make it up
Little rough 4 me today. But, if I don't have 2 work tomorrow I would like to go 4 the first time this year. Look out then 6 days of northerly winds OUCH.

Jig_Head

« Reply #52 on: Jul 25, 2017, 07:20 AM »
Catching any?
Hey sorry it took so long to answer. It sucked. Definitely need a boat lol. Fished from 5:15am til 10am and all I got was a smallmouth and 2 goby.....and the smallie came in the first 15 mins! Only saw 3 other guys fishing and none caught fish

There were 8 bird watchers/photographers piled up on top of each other on the back of the lighthouse with their eyes absolutely glued to the breakwall/government pier. They explained to me that the day before there was a sighting of a bird on that breakwall that has never been seen in Indiana before. I guess it only sticks to the west coast from the shores of Alaska and Canada all the way down California. So I guess it's absolutely unheard of for one to be over here. It was a wandering taddler or something along those lines

abishop

« Reply #53 on: Jul 25, 2017, 03:49 PM »
Tomorrow, ought to be a stellar perch day. Wish I didn't have to work. Hope a lot of you guys will be picking up your limits. GOOD LUCK....

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #54 on: Jul 25, 2017, 04:09 PM »
I got one took the day off and will be searching for gold  and yes it should be nice will report if I get into them

Boomer

« Reply #55 on: Jul 25, 2017, 05:17 PM »
I, too, am planning on my first trip out to catch perch on the big lake.  Small Smokercraft boat. Need to watch wind/waves closely. Any bait opinions. Thinking about using minnows. Going out of MC.  Should I go to Mt. Baldy or the Condos? Any help is appreciated.  Back-up plan in case of big waves is to hit Pine Lake.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #56 on: Jul 25, 2017, 05:22 PM »
Good ole spell check it was supposed to say I for one will be taking the day off

Boomer

« Reply #57 on: Jul 26, 2017, 10:00 PM »
Went out today from MC. First time on the "Big Water" with my little boat. Kept an eye on the weather. Less than one foot waves and a south wind. Made for some good drifting with my heavy anchor bouncing along the bottom. Our depth sounder had trouble but a nice guy from Ft. Wayne kept telling us there were fish in the area. Shiners for bait. Kept jigging off the bottom. Key depth was 50 ft. Son caught his personal best perch: 12.5 inches. (He will do better hopefully before he goes back to school.) Ended the day with a respectable 25 fish for two people. I would say five or six were really nice; about ten were pretty good and a few average fish and the rest swallowed the hook and were kept.

Several people kept saying the fish were not feeding but most of the fish we caught were spitting up minnows and/or had minnows in their stomachs. Could it be there is plenty of food and they were just stuffed?

A really good fish dinner is in the future.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #58 on: Jul 27, 2017, 06:32 AM »
Boomer I was the guy in the red polar kraft  I headed Easton front of condos and finally boated my limit around 5 most of mine were about the same  I will say the evening bite seemed to be better nice talking to you

MC_angler

« Reply #59 on: Jul 27, 2017, 07:35 AM »

Several people kept saying the fish were not feeding but most of the fish we caught were spitting up minnows and/or had minnows in their stomachs. Could it be there is plenty of food and they were just stuffed?

I am guessing that's exactly what was going on. Lots of bait around makes it hard for yours to stand out as well

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.