FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: getting ready early  (Read 3417 times)

Muddvein

• If you don't brag about it who's gonna?
getting ready early
« on: Aug 15, 2004, 10:33 AM »
i know it's a little early to start talking ice but the budget has found room for my brand new power auger. no more spudding for me! i usually fish on foot so weight is an issue but i don't want to compromise quality. i've been looking at two 8 inch models, the strikemaster 2 hp lazer mag express and the 2hp jiffy stealth. so my question is does anyone know how much the 2hp jiffy stealth weighs? if it's not too much more than the strikemaster i will probably get the jiffy. if it's like ten pounds heavier then i suppose the extra money and the plastic handles would be worth it. any info/opinions would be helpful thanx.
                                                                          Muddvein
Muddvein

missfishylicious

• smile it makes them wonder what your up to
Re: getting ready early
« Reply #1 on: Aug 15, 2004, 11:07 AM »
we have the strikemaster it 's not to heavy maybe 15 pounds they're all kind of cumbersum but well worth it .we have a fold down shanty and I just bungy it to that and drag it out there  no problem either way your going to love it compared to the old spud.
I have no opinion on the subject .....yeah right

Polar

« Reply #2 on: Aug 15, 2004, 12:48 PM »
Contact them at............

Feldmann
Engineering and Manufacturing Co., Inc.
Phone: 920 467-6167 ~ Toll Free: 800-344-0712 in U.S.
877-289-2313 in Canada ~ Fax: 920 467-6169
E-mail:  [email protected]

Muddvein

« Reply #3 on: Aug 15, 2004, 01:29 PM »
thanx polar gonna try to contact them i'll let you know what i find out.
 missfishy hows the plastic handles holding up?  i'm really hard on everything i own so the plastic handles worry me.
                                                                                     Muddvein
Muddvein

Polar

« Reply #4 on: Aug 15, 2004, 03:00 PM »
I know there is a 7lb difference between the 3hp and the2hp, Thats all the info I could find out.

Skiff

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Just relaxin' on the Red
« Reply #5 on: Aug 15, 2004, 03:09 PM »
Just out of curiosity, I weighed my 3 hp Jiffy Legend on the bathroom scale.  The head alone weighed 24 lbs, and the flighting was about 11 lbs.  Add a 1' extension to that and you have another 2 lbs.  So altogether I'll be dragging around 37 lbs come late winter.  I thought that sucker was heavy  :o   I know this isn't the model you were looking at, but might give you some idea of the weight range.  Whatever you get, it's far easier than hand-augering.

grumpymoe

« Reply #6 on: Aug 15, 2004, 04:21 PM »
go with quality....IMHO plastic doesn't cut it!!!...the less the better....and you'll never be sorry with the jiffy.......grump

Muddvein

« Reply #7 on: Aug 15, 2004, 07:54 PM »
thank you guys. the way i figure it the 2hp jiffy should weigh about 28lbs which according to the strikemaster website it's only 4 lbs heavier than the lazer mag express. i'm not worried about 4lbs but i am worried about the plastic handles. looks like i'm buying a jiffy after all. thanx for all the input it's been a real help. now to clear a space in the backyard to fill with dry ice so i can play untill winter.
                                                                   Muddvein
Muddvein

missfishylicious

« Reply #8 on: Aug 16, 2004, 02:15 PM »
now you went and done it,you made me step on the scale ...I'm depressed  :'(
My strikemaster lazermag 2000, doesn't have plastic handles, it has metal handles and weighs 23#s I guess when your heading for your favorite fishing hole it seems lighter  ;D

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #9 on: Aug 16, 2004, 04:20 PM »
dont worry MF toting that auger around with them metal handles,helps fight those love handles... ;D  most 2hp augers are in the 22-28 # range and well worth the effort to haul aroud with you.
   while we are on the subject this is a very interesting post.as those of us who also have been  frequenting iceshanty.com lately know,we are all getting that farmiliar itch again.the sun is still high in the sky but our thoughs are on ice!!
   is anyone planning on any new equipment this year??something to make it easier?maybe a new sled or some new tipups??I personally am hoping to add some electronics to my arsenal this year.is it too early to start hinting about Xmas gifts??
Scotty 

Polar

« Reply #10 on: Aug 16, 2004, 07:34 PM »
I personally am hoping to add some electronics to my arsenal this year.is it too early to start hinting about Xmas gifts??

Hint about a fl-18 you won't be sorry.

fozsey

« Reply #11 on: Aug 16, 2004, 08:02 PM »
Ditto...You won't be sorry  ;)

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #12 on: Aug 16, 2004, 08:14 PM »
Maybe if your really nice  ??? you can ask for the ultra pack  ;D

Steve
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

missfishylicious

« Reply #13 on: Aug 17, 2004, 07:36 AM »
dont worry MF toting that auger around with them metal handles,helps fight those love handles... ;D  most 2hp augers are in the 22-28 # range and well worth the effort to haul aroud with you.
   while we are on the subject this is a very interesting post.as those of us who also have been  frequenting iceshanty.com lately know,we are all getting that farmiliar itch again.the sun is still high in the sky but our thoughs are on ice!!
   is anyone planning on any new equipment this year??something to make it easier?maybe a new sled or some new tipups??I personally am hoping to add some electronics to my arsenal this year.is it too early to start hinting about Xmas gifts??

could be these chilly nights were haveing thats making us think about ice I know it feels like old man winter is just around the corner.It's never to early to hint  ;) the sooner you put it on layaway the longer you have to pay it off  ;D

Muddvein

« Reply #14 on: Aug 17, 2004, 09:55 AM »
ok. jiffy e-mailed me back. they said their 2hp stealth augers weigh 32-36 lbs depending on size 6" 8" 9".
                                                      Muddvein
Muddvein

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.