FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: getting ready early  (Read 3418 times)

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
Re: getting ready early
« Reply #15 on: Aug 17, 2004, 11:09 AM »
Just a friendly reminder......If you have a 10 inch auger and a vex something can or will end up being fish habitat

Steve
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #16 on: Aug 17, 2004, 11:20 AM »
my 2 hp eskimo weighs 28 lbs and has a metal everything
Scotty 

pot-belly-pike

« Reply #17 on: Aug 18, 2004, 11:32 PM »
ya thats for  sure  good spots  are hard to walk to  if you dont have a atv  so go litely as possabile    also   ice fishing is a good  to shed those extra ####!!!  off  so lets get to it
Smile it makes others wonder what your up to

~:+)

oh no fish-on i gotta get fishin

Scott

• Administrator
  • Jig Jig for a big pig
« Reply #18 on: Aug 19, 2004, 06:00 AM »
Steve the Vex is safe! Now my old Clearwater Classic Zerc on the other hand could plummet down the hole!
It's 40 degrees here this morning! Bring on the  Ice Fishing

Just a friendly reminder......If you have a 10 inch auger and a vex something can or will end up being fish habitat

Steve

-Scott

Cider

« Reply #19 on: Aug 19, 2004, 09:44 AM »
Oh man are we bad or what!?!  Here we are a bunch of fishermen in the prime days of August for bass fishin' and we are all thinking about the ice....and talking about it on an open water forum!!

What is it about ice fishin' that is just so darned addiciting...  I thought I saw a couple snow flakes this morning in NH.  Turned out to be ash from a neighbor's brush fire!  :'(

Scott

• Administrator
  • Jig Jig for a big pig
« Reply #20 on: Aug 19, 2004, 10:49 AM »

What is it about ice fishin' that is just so darned addiciting... 

Good question Cider!
Sounds like a thread for iceshanty.com to me.  ;D
[CONTEST] What is it about ice fishin' that is just so darned addiciting?

-Scott

Cider

« Reply #21 on: Aug 19, 2004, 11:17 AM »
Good grief, look what I started!!  :P

Great idea Scott!  Should get some awesome responses on that topic!  Let's hear your answers all you ice-heads!!  ;D

Mbart

« Reply #22 on: Aug 20, 2004, 09:54 PM »
Weight + Quality = Nils Master, 20 lb. weight, converts to hand use, but more expensive than other augers, $479.00. You get what you pay for.  Mobility is key on the ice.  Compare weight, specs, and prices at www.altapower.tv/

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #23 on: Aug 20, 2004, 11:32 PM »
The lakes around here taht I fish primarily are high elevation (usually 8,000-10,000 ft) so they have a ton of snow. I always end up pulling weight for about 2 1/2 people when the 3 of us go because I happen to be in the best shape cardiovascularly and everyone else is lazy. But pulling gets easier every year and it ends up being good stamina training for my pitching in baseball so it all works well for all of us. Whew :P
dont worry MF toting that auger around with them metal handles,helps fight those love handles... ;D  most 2hp augers are in the 22-28 # range and well worth the effort to haul aroud with you.
   while we are on the subject this is a very interesting post.as those of us who also have been  frequenting iceshanty.com lately know,we are all getting that farmiliar itch again.the sun is still high in the sky but our thoughs are on ice!!
   is anyone planning on any new equipment this year??something to make it easier?maybe a new sled or some new tipups??I personally am hoping to add some electronics to my arsenal this year.is it too early to start hinting about Xmas gifts??

The lakes around here taht I fish primarily are high elevation (usually 8,000-10,000 ft) so they have a ton of snow. I always end up pulling weight for about 2 1/2 people when the 3 of us go because I happen to be in the best shape cardiovascularly and everyone else is lazy. But pulling gets easier every year and it ends up being good stamina training for my pitching in baseball so it all works well for all of us. Whew :P

For icefishing I'm going to get the new fl-18 vexilar. Should help me a lot to find some good deep spots for lake trout with most of our reservoirs here 100 ft. low.

Muddvein

• If you don't brag about it who's gonna?
« Reply #24 on: Aug 22, 2004, 12:10 PM »
what about the eskimo shark with the chainsaw motor? anyone have this one? how is it?
                                     icechipper
Muddvein

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.