FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cabelas may be on the way out?  (Read 2935 times)

taxid

Cabelas may be on the way out?
« on: Sep 04, 2018, 05:54 PM »
Heard this from a friend today:

FWIW, Bass Pro will be dissolving the Cabela’s brand. So, if any of ya’ll have Cabela’s points I would use them asap. A buddy was talking to the manager of the Gun Room at the Hammond Indiana store, and a friend in Oklahoma has a daughter that works for one and she said that Bass Pro will be slowly getting rid of the Cabela’s stores and the Cabela’s brand.

Right now in the Hammond Store there is maybe 50% of the clothing and 0% of the food processing equipment – it’s been transferred to the Portage Indiana Bass Pro store.

If so I will miss Cabelas. I remember ordering things with the little money I had from their catalog in my early teens and I'm now 60.
For some reason always liked them better than BPS. Sold live fish for BPS Aquariums but always thought Cabelas had a nicer tank set up.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Stonecat

Re: Cabelas may be on the way out?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 04, 2018, 06:42 PM »
https://www.cabelas.com/browse.cmd?categoryId=1715190480
 It would seem likely that some less profitable stores [BPS & or Cabelas] may close but I doubt that Cabelas will go away.The years spent building the Cabelas brand into a household name with a  good reputation has to be one of the reasons  BPS bought in. Looking at their North American footprint, it is impressive.https://stores.basspro.com/

seamonkey84

« Reply #2 on: Sep 04, 2018, 06:43 PM »
Are they closing the stores or changing them to BPS?! I don’t have a BPS near me, just a Cabela’s. So i hope they turn mine into a BPS then instead of loosing a location altogether.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: Sep 04, 2018, 08:08 PM »
Amazon will eventually destroy them both.  Sad but true.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #4 on: Sep 04, 2018, 08:33 PM »

Yup
Wicked Wec

westernmas

« Reply #5 on: Sep 06, 2018, 10:15 AM »

I won't buy fishing gear that I can't physically hold unless I've purchased the same product previously in a store.  I'm way too lazy to return stuff that requires shipping.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #6 on: Sep 06, 2018, 10:26 AM »
I won't buy fishing gear that I can't physically hold unless I've purchased the same product previously in a store.  I'm way too lazy to return stuff that requires shipping.

It depends what it is for me. Lures and line that I am familiar with I have no issues reordering on line. Rods and reels need to be held in hand first.
Wicked Wec

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #7 on: Sep 07, 2018, 08:16 AM »

Yeah don't worry, Amazon will figure that out someday.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: Sep 07, 2018, 09:06 AM »
I have to call them..
Dose anyone konw. If i can order from  them using a basspro card?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

reeleyz

« Reply #9 on: Sep 07, 2018, 11:37 AM »
I have to call them..
Dose anyone konw. If i can order from  them using a basspro card?

Some of the answers are here.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/together

Also any Cabelas club points are not going to be taken away.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #10 on: Sep 07, 2018, 01:30 PM »
Thanks mister. 
They sell a brand of lures that BP dosnt and i have a few BP cards and points i need to use..   ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: Sep 07, 2018, 02:23 PM »
Just called them..
You can use cards and points on phone in catalog orders only at this point. No internet orders yet...
Told the nice girl she better send me a new catalog...       ;D

reeleyz

« Reply #12 on: Sep 07, 2018, 04:39 PM »
Awesome. Sounds like a win win. I assume you can still call orders in? Reminds me of being 15 years old and filling out an order form.  ;D

We used to order a lot of stuff from both BPS and Cabelas. I am more of a Cabelas guy lately.

Stonecat

« Reply #13 on: Sep 07, 2018, 07:13 PM »
Awesome. Sounds like a win win. I assume you can still call orders in? Reminds me of being 15 years old and filling out an order form.  ;D

We used to order a lot of stuff from both BPS and Cabelas. I am more of a Cabelas guy lately.
  I remember those days. always looked forward to that big catalog.Id wear that thing out.
  They used to say the Hamburg,Pa Cabelas was their largest store.Not sure about that but going there is an experience.Like being a kid in a supersize candy store,to me Amazon can never touch that. :thumbup_smilie: You can pay to go to sport shows, outdoor shows,gun shows whatever but a big store like BPS or Cabelas
is right up there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.