FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: It wouldn't be a proper Fall... part 2  (Read 1732 times)

TightLinesMaine

It wouldn't be a proper Fall... part 2
« on: Dec 06, 2020, 06:16 PM »
...without some LATE fall Landlocks! I had a blast getting these fish to chase streamers, some days were wild (had 2x "hat trick" days) and some days were frustrating/slow, but every trip i'd get at least one to bite.  Some of these fish were STRONG, i got my net out too early on 2 of them.  I lost 1 or 2 bruisers too, for every salmon landed, I hooked or lost another one.  Biggest was probably 21", maybe close to 22"; didn't measure any but the last one (male) was probably the biggest, was super thick and felt like a 4lber in the net.  One of the hens too was fat, likely 3+ lbs.  (didn't bother getting the self-timer pics for the smallest of the bunch).

zwiggles

Re: It wouldn't be a proper Fall... part 2
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2020, 08:41 PM »
Very nice Silver there 👍

That last one must have out a good bend in the rod!

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2020, 09:12 AM »
Beautiful salmon, Randall!  You have real good patterns/locations on catching them.  Keep after them.  Look forward to your post "It wouldn't be a proper Winter....." 8)

NBourque

• Bruce slayer
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2020, 12:28 PM »
Impressive fish man.

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2020, 02:10 PM »
Very nice. Do you mind if I save the pictures for reference? I'm going to be painting one in the new few months.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2020, 08:38 PM »
Thanks guys

Jim - I'm definitely not done, I hooked a bruiser (20"+ brown or salmon) my first outing in December (the day before the snow storm), fell off >< I've lost a lot of nice fish this Fall... at least i've landed a few nice ones  :laugh:

Very nice. Do you mind if I save the pictures for reference? I'm going to be painting one in the new few months.

I don't mind at all, go for it.

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2020, 10:18 PM »
Thanks guys

Jim - I'm definitely not done, I hooked a bruiser (20"+ brown or salmon) my first outing in December (the day before the snow storm), fell off >< I've lost a lot of nice fish this Fall... at least i've landed a few nice ones  :laugh:

I don't mind at all, go for it.

Thank you!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

seamonkey84

« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2020, 08:26 AM »
Way to go! Glad to see your still getting after them hehehe.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #8 on: Dec 10, 2020, 03:12 PM »
Way to go! Glad to see your still getting after them hehehe.

:bowdown:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.