FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Circle hooks  (Read 1353 times)

joefishmore

Circle hooks
« on: Dec 16, 2020, 10:50 AM »
Will be required on tubes.

Steve H.

Re: Circle hooks
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2020, 11:47 AM »
You talking about tube 'n worm rigs?  What makes you say this?  If so, not sure how effective circle hooks would be on a trolled lure, even with a piece of sea worm added.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

joefishmore

« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2020, 04:21 PM »
Was in the paper today. Concerns striped bass. I don't think a circle hook on a tube would catch anything even with worm on it. I don't know where you could get a tube rigged with circle hook. I have a bunch with regular hooks I got from Bear in Kennebunk, what am I suppose to do with them ? I don't know if he is still in business.

TT

« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2020, 04:46 PM »
Effective December 1, 2020, Connecticut has implemented an emergency regulation requiring the use of an inline circle hook anytime bait (live, dead, or cut) is being used to fish for striped bass. Please visit our web page at https://portal.ct.gov/.../Striped-Bass-and-Circle-Hooks for more information.
This regulation applies to both freshwater and saltwater.

saltyshores

« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2020, 08:54 PM »
Was in the paper today. Concerns striped bass. I don't think a circle hook on a tube would catch anything even with worm on it. I don't know where you could get a tube rigged with circle hook. I have a bunch with regular hooks I got from Bear in Kennebunk, what am I suppose to do with them ? I don't know if he is still in business.

x2
Bear was open and selling  tube lures in October

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.