FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Oil Country!  (Read 13156 times)

buzzbomb

Re: Oil Country!
« Reply #30 on: Jun 14, 2006, 10:14 AM »
Hockey's been an international game as long as I've been around and I'm in the original six generation!  After the strike I think it's good to have the stands full no matter where it is.

blaque

« Reply #31 on: Jun 14, 2006, 11:06 AM »
I hear ya i guess buzz, they can fill the stands all they want lol, definitely not a bad thing.......i just dont think they understand the true importance of the cup. How can they, and im talking fans here , not the carolina team. I just dont think they have the perspective of how cherished the cup is, the nostalgia associated with it......the deep down stuff that goes along with dreaming of having a cup come home to the home team. The history etc.......Ive been rooting for my Sabres for , and ill estimate on the loew side, but over a quarter century lol.......biting nails off, screaming at the top of my lungs for great times, throwing TV remotes at bad times, just completley wrapped up in my team, From game 1 thru 82 and post season, every season, and yeah im jealous a little that weve never got the big prize.....alot of teams and fans out there have paid their dues and come up empty, now the sabres werent part of the original 6, and id feel the same way when we first entered the league. .......i would root for one of the original 6 if any of them were cupless. All im sayin, is Carolinas fans are like the new guy at work that came in making more than you do to start, is younger than you, and doesnt know half as much as you do about your company. Thats my analogy and im stickin to it lol

buzzbomb

« Reply #32 on: Jun 14, 2006, 02:54 PM »
Are you saying they just don't understand the poetry of the game?httP://www.hockeyhaiku.com/shinny/shinny.html
Take time to go through this site, it stirred up a lot of memories for me.

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #33 on: Jun 14, 2006, 03:03 PM »
Man no one is hitting anyone with the stick????
Have never played in such a peaceful game ;D
"Gotta get your stick into em let em know your there" Reggie Dunlop! cheif punk of the charleston team!
Internet heros give it a rest!

blaque

« Reply #34 on: Jun 14, 2006, 03:53 PM »
Hmmm, that was different buzz.  :)

Chucker

« Reply #35 on: Jun 14, 2006, 10:11 PM »
Game 6!  In the immortal words of Eric Cartman - kickass.

FarginIcehole

« Reply #36 on: Jun 14, 2006, 10:49 PM »
i still think carolina was lucky to beat buffalos jv team. go oilers!!!!!!!!

blaque

« Reply #37 on: Jun 15, 2006, 06:36 AM »
Its funny, but ive never been so into a finals series or any NHL series that the sabres havent been in. I actually jumped off the couch and screamed last night when they put that OT winner in the net. Awesome.

Pikeguy

« Reply #38 on: Jun 15, 2006, 07:30 AM »
Its funny, but ive never been so into a finals series or any NHL series that the sabres havent been in. I actually jumped off the couch and screamed last night when they put that OT winner in the net. Awesome.

See, now thats why I told you never give up hope! Wish I could have seen the game...league golf last night  :-\

blaque

« Reply #39 on: Jun 15, 2006, 09:30 AM »
Do you have a course under the lights?? lol

Pikeguy

« Reply #40 on: Jun 15, 2006, 09:37 AM »
Do you have a course under the lights?? lol

Hey it's light out until 9!! Then of course some obligatory beer drinking on the deck ;D

Kyle

« Reply #41 on: Jun 15, 2006, 12:07 PM »
OMFG....PASANI IS A GOD!!!!!!!!
THAT GOAL WAS AMAZING, SHORTHANDED TOO  8)
oilers are gonna win it at home, then it will come down to which team has more heart (OILERS!!!!!!!)
 ;D

grumpymoe

« Reply #42 on: Jun 15, 2006, 07:27 PM »
game of mistakes that the Canes don't often make....if anyone thinks its going to go to game 7.....forget it....Carolina will come home heroes for the first Stanley Cup in their tough 27 yr history....have to give Pasani credit though...he put the puck home like a natural goal scorer....the Oilers played their hearts out, but if you analyzed the game just based on scoring chances, they weren't even in the game....lucky break....great goal...over in 6....Grump

blaque

« Reply #43 on: Jun 16, 2006, 06:53 AM »
I dunno grump, if they got one mistake laden game in them, they could have a couple more. Hell, what more motivation do you want to play your best  than the stanley cup in the back room waiting for you all shined up. lol. At home. I thought it was great to see all the stunned faces just staring onto the ice after the overtime loss. LOVE IT! I dont consider a teams history to accrue if they move cities either. I think its a fresh start, new team, new fan base, etc............I think Carolina pulls it out.......but ya gotta love a 3-2 series goin back to edmonton, with their backup goalie gettin it done. Having said all that, Unfortunately i do think that carolina will get it done, but I hope its a battle

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #44 on: Jun 16, 2006, 07:50 AM »
I'm up in the air on this one. I would love to see the Oilers pull this one out. Im one of those who wrote the Oil off after they lost Rollie, but they proved they can still pull one out, and I think the confidence is getting higher and higher, so maybe...just maybe

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.