FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Stupidest mistake?  (Read 57245 times)

cnyfishing

Re: Stupidest mistake?
« Reply #30 on: Mar 09, 2005, 06:30 PM »
stupid mistake#1= trying to wade across belly deep white water on the Ausable river good thing it was august but it was still cold water  :pinch:

Stupid mistake # 2= loosing my $45 net while fishing for Walleyes in the fall.
"Telephone repair men climb poles fishermen use rods"
      -Gary Loomis
Late to bed, early to rise; fish all day, make up lies.
                  There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

monarkman

« Reply #31 on: Mar 09, 2005, 07:13 PM »
When you throw an anchor in November,make sure your not standing on the rope.BURRRRRRR :o

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #32 on: Mar 27, 2005, 08:45 AM »
Reaching my entire arm under the ice after a salmon that broke off in the hole and is swimming away on Lake George this winter.
I got the salmon, but it wasn't even legal sized! :cursing: Not to mention that it was -5 degrees out and  I had NO SHELTER! :o

big big rdg

« Reply #33 on: Mar 27, 2005, 09:06 PM »
#1One thing that i did was forget the plug and me and my buddies were fishing and we were like ***censored****? Why is there water in here. Then we looked and we lauched it without the plug. The water was about 1.5 feet up to the middle of the boat so we booted into shore and got the plug that was left at the camp.
#2Drove with the anchor down."Why arent we going fast"....."I dont know" Then my bro gets off the gas a little and we look up and the anchor is flying over our heads and the anchor line hit my bro in the face. It flew litterally over the entire boat .NO LIE. LOL :D
FSHON!

allenca

« Reply #34 on: Mar 27, 2005, 10:36 PM »

#2Drove with the anchor down."Why arent we going fast"....."I dont know" Then my bro gets off the gas a little and we look up and the anchor is flying over our heads and the anchor line hit my bro in the face. It flew litterally over the entire boat .NO LIE. LOL :D
  I've done this before luckly it didn't hit the motar like yours did.
 #2 my one budy bought a new rod when he came over he bent it like they do on the ugly stick comercial snaped right in half, ha ha ha he didnt think it was funny. ;D ;D ;D

fishNH

• Best of both worlds - open water and ice fishing!
« Reply #35 on: Mar 28, 2005, 11:25 AM »
Strapped the kayak back on the roof of the car after fishing, and headed home.  Once I got home and looked back out at the car I realized that I lost my paddle (that I for some dumb reason left it strapped to the kayak) somewhere along the way.  The spot I fished was only a few miles away so I raced back to see if I left it on the ground or if I could find it along the road.  Well, no luck at all, so had to get a new paddle (about $90) for the next trip.  Just got myself a paddle strap off ebay so I don't do the same stupid thing again this year.   ;)
ice fishNH @ IS  huntNH @ MHF

chrisN

« Reply #36 on: Mar 31, 2005, 06:48 PM »
#1- last summer i got knew rope for the boat, went to tie it to the dock but 10 minutes later the boat was out in the lake.  forgot to tie the rope to the boat >:(

#2 forgot to put the plug in the boat.  didnt notice for a while.  boy do boats ever sink fast :o

#3 left a knee board on the hood of the boat, didnt fly off until we where going 30mpf.  hit all 3 of us in the heads than flew 15 feet into the air.

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
« Reply #37 on: Apr 07, 2005, 04:23 PM »
I've done this twice.  My fishing rods in the back of the station wagon with the rod tips up near my driver's side seat headrest and the reels near the tailgate.  It's warm out and I lower the driver's side back window and don't notice the rod slides over and the tip sticks out the window.  Get to the spot, park, hit the power window button for the drivers side rear window and hear crrrrrrunch.  Yepper that 7 foot walleye rod is now a 6 footer and missing some guides on the end.  Slipbob's golden rule don't let your pole hang out of the rear car window and forget about that when you roll your window up.
one day my mom came to pick me up from a local pond i was fishing and she had my dog in the trunk so instead of risking letting the dog out i just stuck the rod tip out the window now this is one of rods i really liked because it probably would have cost 100 bucks a piece but it only cost 10 because a guy my dad works with gave me the quantum rod and i was in the in walmart looking at reels for the rod and a salesman marked down a 50 dollar spidercast reel to 10 bucks :o :o well needless to say i got home and my mom forgot my rod was in the back and hit the power window  button, crunch, 5 inches of the rod gone, well i told my mom it was ruined so she bought me a 30 dollar uglstick ulright light, and 2 weeks later i bought a rod tip repair kit and fixed th other rod :evil:
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #38 on: Jun 08, 2005, 02:40 PM »
#1 forgot to strap down the 14 footer on top of the van.  Just a rope from the front of the boat, to the front bumper.  The boat stayed on the van all the way from Jersey, to deep into the Quebec bush, when I hit the brakes to avoid a deer.  THAT was a sight...The deer almost got hit by a boat!
#2 Leaving a deep diving lure on my pole and flying along back to the dock - the lure caught some water, and the pole flew right by me.  BAM, $200 gone, just like that.  (This was 4 days ago)

Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
« Reply #39 on: Jun 10, 2005, 04:09 PM »
i forgot my tackle box the other day, that wasent fun lukily my buddy was there so i just mooched of him ;)
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

buzz bait

• save the walleyes
« Reply #40 on: Jun 10, 2005, 07:05 PM »
the stupidest thing that  i did was when i was trolling with seth green rig . i made a real sharpe turn and the wind pushed the bow around real quick . causeing 1 rig to get sucked up in the prop  >:( >:(. so i shut the motor off got the line out took about 10 mins and i left the other rig out  :-[. than i got the motor going agian by that time the rig i left out the line was straight down . than the rod bent hit the water i  thought s#*% i'am snaged on the bottom gave it a good wank  to free it when i did that i gave a big wank back . well to make a long story short  the thing that wanked back was 1 of the biggest lakers i,ve got out of the finger lakes  16 pound plus  :o maybe it was not a stupid mistake after all lol.  :D god i  love telling that one .

pirkaus

• Have you ever been too drunk to fish?
« Reply #41 on: Mar 12, 2006, 03:59 PM »
Was striper fishing and caught a blue fish, not thinking I lip grab him OUCH  :cursing:
If the rule is 5 fish or 5 pounds, what if the 5th fish weighs 5 pounds?

Polar

« Reply #42 on: Mar 19, 2006, 01:35 PM »
I have a new mistake for 2006 that just happened. Always make sure YOU check to make sure your fishing pole is in the bed of the truck before shutting the tailgate. To make matters worst I had two poles one the value is about 50 dollars the other was worth just about 100. Can you guess which one I did the Bill Dance special too?

crowkiller

• TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
« Reply #43 on: Mar 19, 2006, 01:37 PM »
thats why i buy 2 piece poles its a little harder to close them in the gate or door
OR      [IMG]

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #44 on: Mar 20, 2006, 01:23 AM »
Was striper fishing and caught a blue fish, not thinking I lip grab him OUCH  :cursing:
Man!!! That's definitley a big NO-NO
Just one more cast!!! Just one more cast!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.