FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NFL fun?  (Read 6731 times)

archbishop

NFL fun?
« on: Sep 26, 2006, 09:53 AM »
simms playing near death?

shaun king back to the bucs?

madden curse continues?

saints playing and winning on emotion?

whats all your guys take on these subjects and other around the league?

SleePac

Re: NFL fun?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 26, 2006, 10:08 AM »
FIRE MILLEN!  Nuff said!

pinche

• Amen
« Reply #2 on: Sep 26, 2006, 10:20 AM »
Rockbassin everyone is doing it !!

Proud member of M.I.R.C. since 2006

archbishop

« Reply #3 on: Sep 26, 2006, 10:22 AM »
im talking about NFL teams, not pop warner teams :laugh:

HOOKEMNCOOKEM

« Reply #4 on: Sep 26, 2006, 11:08 AM »
simms playing near death?

shaun king back to the bucs?

madden curse continues?

saints playing and winning on emotion?

whats all your guys take on these subjects and other around the league?

Awswers:

1- What a trooper

2- Shaun who?

3- It's a curse to have to suffer through Madden

4-That's good and hey who knows what could happen especially w/Reggie
I didn't come here to stay home.

archbishop

« Reply #5 on: Sep 26, 2006, 11:27 AM »
shaun king, the TB QB back in 99/00, he was supposed to be the rising star in the NFL but he fizzled out pretty quick ???

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133339

and no, not suffering through madden, the curse of the madden game cover boy, this year was shaun alexander, who just broke his foot this past weekend :tipup:

http://fantom1979.homeip.net/madden.html

HOOKEMNCOOKEM

« Reply #6 on: Sep 26, 2006, 12:45 PM »
shaun king, the TB QB back in 99/00, he was supposed to be the rising star in the NFL but he fizzled out pretty quick ???

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133339

and no, not suffering through madden, the curse of the madden game cover boy, this year was shaun alexander, who just broke his foot this past weekend :tipup:

http://fantom1979.homeip.net/madden.html

Yes I remember watching Shaun King playing for Tulane against Syracuse. I was just making a joke about how he never reached his potential.

I am aware of the Madden cover boy curse/jinx. I'm just sick of Madden in general.

archbishop

« Reply #7 on: Sep 26, 2006, 12:51 PM »
lol, i wasnt sure anyone knew who king was :laugh: maybe he did reach his potential, just not his expectations :-\

and i think everyone is sick of madden, he is freaking annoying :tipup:

see what i mean about misunderstanding, i didnt know what you meant about shaun, you could have put:

shaun who? ;)

HOOKEMNCOOKEM

« Reply #8 on: Sep 26, 2006, 03:53 PM »

see what i mean about misunderstanding, i didnt know what you meant about shaun, you could have put:

shaun who? ;)

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

scansy

• IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
« Reply #9 on: Sep 27, 2006, 05:34 AM »
I can't stand Madden anymore.  It seems like he has certain things planned out to say before the game and forces them all in somewhere.

In fact, I can't stand most of the national announcers anymore.  When I watch football, I want football talk.  Analyze plays.  But they are trying to appeal to the "casual" fan.  Too much BS.  And there is too much catering to the fantasy crowd.  I don't get the fantasy thing.  But I know I might be outnumbered on that one. ::)

The worst of all is the Monday night crew on ESPN now.  Tony Kornheiser should be removed from the booth immediately.  He doesn't know a thing about football.  That crew actually makes the game less appealing to me.  Unfortunately, I like sports for the sports - the details of the game itself.  But many sports fans - especially the younger group - seem to like the "entertainment" side of sports.  What kind of car does so and so drive, who is so and so dating, what did so and so do in the offseason, etc.

Dear God, that makes me sound old. ::)

One color guy I do like is Aikman.  He seems to analyze really well without tripping over the play-by-play guy or sounding like an idiot.  I couldn't stand him as a cowgirl, but like him in the booth.

archbishop

« Reply #10 on: Sep 27, 2006, 08:04 AM »
i hate madden, i totally agree woth tony getting thrown out a freaking window, but i like theisman, i laso agree with aikman, but  i say toss out joe buck with tony. i also like the football aspect of commentating, when things get to commicle, or like you said about madden, forced, or even too opinionated, it just gets annoying, sure i like to hear opinions, a little joke here and there, but not on every play ??? although in a contradiction to myself, i love watching the fox pre game show, those guys absolutly kill me, although, again back to joe buck, i cant believe they replaced james brown with him :cookoo:

scansy

• IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
« Reply #11 on: Sep 27, 2006, 08:32 AM »
sure i like to hear opinions, a little joke here and there, but not on every play ???

Hey, if they want a joke on every play, the need to bring back Dennis Miller.   ::)  He sucked too though.  Besides, he brought those stupid references to medieval knights or Egyptian pharohs with him.   :sleep1:

archbishop

« Reply #12 on: Sep 27, 2006, 08:33 AM »
Hey, if they want a joke on every play, the need to bring back Dennis Miller.   ::)  He sucked too though.  Besides, he brought those stupid references to medieval knights or Egyptian pharohs with him.   :sleep1:

i actually thought miller might work, i mean yeah hes a comedian, but it was a perspective from a fan, not a ex-player, or ex-coach, etc... boy was i, and the network WRONG :laugh:

SleePac

« Reply #13 on: Sep 27, 2006, 10:06 AM »
Did I mention...FIRE MILLEN!

archbishop

« Reply #14 on: Sep 27, 2006, 10:09 AM »
Did I mention...FIRE MILLEN!

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

yeah, but we were talking about real NFL teams :laugh:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor