FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bionic blade rods  (Read 11891 times)

holeinhide

• Gotta Fish!
Bionic blade rods
« on: Apr 23, 2007, 08:08 PM »
Ok so Iam looking into getting a good walleye jigging rod but dont have alot of cash the price seems good but I dont know if they are quality rods. Does any out there use them, are they worth the money or is there better in the same price range ($65.00).
If you cant find em with rod and reel use explosives!

winnisquam

Re: Bionic blade rods
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2008, 03:09 AM »
  if i  could swing the money myself, i'd get a shimano compre, but, as with everyone, moneys tight and this years addition to the family{ of rods that is} is going to be a cabelas tourney trail im7 s702  or s703, page 23 of the catalog.  should be good all around. not shure on the bionic, if you've gotten it since you posted, let us know how you like it.
TIGHT LINES AND SMOOTH DRAGS

jigginstick

« Reply #2 on: Jul 06, 2009, 10:18 PM »
Ok so Iam looking into getting a good walleye jigging rod but dont have alot of cash the price seems good but I dont know if they are quality rods. Does any out there use them, are they worth the money or is there better in the same price range ($65.00).
Hey Google up Arcadia rods. They are doin a special deal right now you get two for that price. I got two 6 1/2 ft. med. light rods last year and love them. check em out, I like them as well or better than my avid St.Croix rods that cost three times that amount for just one.
Jig,Jig,Jig

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #3 on: Jul 26, 2009, 12:15 AM »
 If it's made by Berkley, it's probably a good rod. Always had good luck with them! I don't know if I like my avid either, absolutely love my premier's by St. Croix (still made in USA) for $100! St. Croix's take a beating too going from truck to boat and back again, I'll say that!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #4 on: Jul 31, 2009, 11:25 AM »
Gotta Ugly Stix Lite medium action 6'6" that I love. It retails for about 40$. I can use it for jigging, casting, drifting, or trolling. Really universal rod and very durable. I also just picked up a Shakesphere Excursion for 15$ at WalMart. It 2 is a medium action 6'6" rod. Seems like a good backup rod to my others, cheap to
Nice job findin em

Spitfire

• A.K.A." Double-L" on I.S.
« Reply #5 on: Jul 31, 2009, 02:59 PM »
    Maybe I got a couple of bad ones????......I personally had bad luck & did not care for them.....Lou
CATCH & RELEASE  "For Another Day"

BBK

« Reply #6 on: Aug 02, 2009, 06:47 PM »

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #7 on: Aug 11, 2009, 01:44 AM »
 Now that most rods are mass produced in CHINA, if I see a made in china sticker on it , I won't pay over 40 bucks for any rod, and if I don't like it for any reason I take it right back! My Cortland noodle rods and St. Croix walleye rods, I pay a little more for, but they are sensitive and take a beating!  Never buy rods from any place you can't put it in your hand, unless you already know what you want!  my 2 cents again!  Strike that Cortland thing, just looked there made in china now too! that sucks!  Lost more New York workers!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

w4lleye

« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2011, 07:06 PM »
Triumph's are made China, and if they stuck to the plans that date to the time of this post the Mojo's, in Mexico.

FYI

Gamma Fish

« Reply #9 on: Mar 14, 2011, 09:33 PM »
  if i  could swing the money myself, i'd get a shimano compre, but, as with everyone, moneys tight and this years addition to the family{ of rods that is} is going to be a cabelas tourney trail im7 s702  or s703, page 23 of the catalog.  should be good all around. not shure on the bionic, if you've gotten it since you posted, let us know how you like it.
These are great rods !    Before I went to all longer rods, the Cabelas Tourney Trail rods were my "Go To" walleye rods !    I used the 7 footers in Med Light action but I'm not sur if they still make that configuration as it's been about 10 years since I bought any.
   The Med Light action is great if you're using Super Braids.   Soft tips, strong back bones and great warranty/customer service !

Another option is Berkely Lightning Rods !   Proven for year to be servicable and affordable !     I've seen them locally for $30.00 to $40.00
Plastics are Fantastic !

chris71383

« Reply #10 on: Apr 14, 2011, 09:30 AM »
The Berkley lightning rods are the best I've found for the money, collected 8 of them over the last 14 years http://www.berkley-fishing.com/products/rods-combos/rods/lightning-rod-im6
If your looking for something a little "more" a great option is the Lighting Shock http://www.berkley-fishing.com/products/rods-combos/rods/lightning-rod-shock.
I like the Shock alot more than Blade, seem to be a bit more sensative and at a better price. 7' medium action is about perfect and has worked great with 4lb mono to 10lb braid, no issues getting monster casts with a variety of lures(1/32 oz. jigs to F11 Rapalas and Rattle Traps).

Zoo Angler

« Reply #11 on: Apr 15, 2011, 03:32 PM »
The only brand/ type I use for walleye is St. Croix 6'6" med-fast action. Works great for trolling bc they have a strong backbone to them and dont noodle over like some rods. There is a $70.00 line if you are still looking.

Santo180

« Reply #12 on: Jun 07, 2011, 03:14 PM »
I'm a fan of the St Croix rods too.  I like their return/repair policy.  $20 gets your rod fixed even when it's your fault.

pot-belly-pike

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2013, 09:32 PM »
riversider   rods   @  gandermountain

8 foot or 9 foot

39 0r 49  $$$$$  I think

:tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:  oh  no  ive gotta get fishin
Smile it makes others wonder what your up to

~:+)

oh no fish-on i gotta get fishin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.