FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Opening day for trout  (Read 3524 times)

Webguy

• Lured into it....... get reel!
Opening day for trout
« on: Apr 11, 2004, 09:19 AM »
How did everyone do that went for trout on opening day? Lake Hopatcong gave up some nice fish. I spent the morning trolling solo and got 4 including this 3lb.12oz 20-1/2 inch brown, then brought 2 of my daughters out in the afternoon and got them 2 each along with a bunch of pickerel. I heard a couple even bigger were caught as well.

Pike Popper

Re: Opening day for trout
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2004, 12:09 PM »
I caught a total of 5 trout yesterday with the biggest 15.5 inches (1.5 lbs). It could have been better for the amount of places I went to. (3 Rivers and probably at least a dozen spots)

lwfinj

« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2004, 01:13 PM »
Fished Maskonetcong river from 3:30 PM to 6:30 PM.
Water is lower about 10 inches if not whole foot comparative to this time last year. Fishing was very slow for me. I had only hit on Panther Martin #1 and could not hook fish
Hope for better action next weekend

bayonne

« Reply #3 on: Apr 11, 2004, 03:01 PM »
nice fish i was going thier but last minute change went to a pond in spring lake a friend lives in belmar thier was 3000 people thier didnt get a spot some on caught a 12lb 31 in rainbow what a fish went to the res. off 195 no fish caught by anyone

AJ Agnor

• Team Mercer
« Reply #4 on: Apr 11, 2004, 03:14 PM »
I got 7 brookies, going to 3 diff rivers and too many spots to count.  Saw a guy with about a 3lb rainbow from the pequest??? I'll double check with mark on the river, but it was a nice fish.

JigAwhopper

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Apr 11, 2004, 07:13 PM »
I got two today,  in Pascak Creek.  I never go on the opening day. I would get a hit in a pool and then nothing after that,  had to keep moving.  I found a place with what seemed like 25 trout (suckers??) in it, but they would not hit anything,  bunch of short strikers  ???,   I need to get my groove on and hit 'em right!     J.
GONE FISH'G.......

mark mercer

• Team Mercer
« Reply #6 on: Apr 11, 2004, 07:56 PM »
went fishing all day saturday got three, really upset cause i found a breader in a secluded hole were nobody was, fished for him for hours then i finally hooked him. had him on for about a min then he just got off. i was so mad but thats fishin. all three that i caught were released. im not keepin a trout unless its a breeder

M-

JigAwhopper

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Apr 11, 2004, 08:55 PM »
I think  I'll catch few more,  stick 'em in some  brine overnite and smoke 'em with some cherry wood,,,,yummie.  I personally prefer smaller ones,  they're easier to prepare.  The breeder is good too,  but for a grill   ;D ,  got to know your trout!           J.
GONE FISH'G.......

MikeThePike

• Any signs of ice yet?
« Reply #8 on: Apr 12, 2004, 12:53 PM »
Fished 3 different river on opening day and only managed 1 fish at the Ken Lockwood Gorge. Of all the people I talked to no one really killed them which means there is still plenty of fish. Hopefully I'll make it out on Wednesdat, Thursday and then Friday on my way to PA for opening day weekend up there.
Chasing them pigs with fins!

AK isn't coming soon enough....can't wait to fight with 1 grizzly for 100,000 fish instead of 1,000 snaggers for 10.

ShawnM

• MFF Mod Team
  • Captain Of Team Mercer
« Reply #9 on: Apr 12, 2004, 02:51 PM »
I got 7 brookies, going to 3 diff rivers and too many spots to count.  Saw a guy with about a 3lb rainbow from the pequest??? I'll double check with mark on the river, but it was a nice fish.

WAIT AJ I was with you I only seen 4 brookies where did 7 come from  :o
I did the best out of Team Mercer 10 brookies 7 in the Musconetcong, 1 in the Pequest, 2 in the Wallkill
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

AJ Agnor

• Team Mercer
« Reply #10 on: Apr 12, 2004, 11:04 PM »
Well shawn yes you did do the best out of the 3 of us, but if you looked at my stringer I kept 5, and I told you and mark that I threw back 2 small ones, so 5+2=7 ;D!!!!!

JigAwhopper

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: Apr 13, 2004, 11:48 AM »
Got four yesterday on powerbait  after work.  I love fishing in the rain,  had the stream all to myself.  I wish it rained every time i go trout fishing   :P.  I think they bite better anyways with overcast sky and some bubbles on the water.                                               J
GONE FISH'G.......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.