FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Worm bed suggestions anyone?  (Read 3072 times)

kerosenecounty17

Worm bed suggestions anyone?
« on: Jul 07, 2004, 09:55 PM »
I'm tired of buying worms.  Ya, I'm a cheap sob.  So, I've decided to start working on my own worm bed.  Last week I tilled up a section of the back yard (about 15' x 30').  It's very shaded, with good black soil, and I can water it daily if neccesary.  I dumped on a can of Frabil worm food that I found at Fleet Farm, and have another can that I figure on putting on next week.  I figure on throwing in all my peelings and coffee grounds, because people have told me worms like that kind of thing.  I also plan to "stock" it with worms if I can pick some during rainy days.  I don't expect to have worms this summer, but hope to have a sustainable population by next year. 

So, other than what I'm already doing, anybody have any suggestions?  Or, can anybody warn of any pending problems?

Thanks in advance.

kero

fastribs85

Re: Worm bed suggestions anyone?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 08, 2004, 08:11 PM »
yeah birds when it rains and then you also have to think your worms are gonna go away with nothing to keep them there and besides outdoor life had a good article a couple years ago take a couple 2x4s and then a fine wire screen some small gravel or sand and then fresh dirt and then add all your worms and whatever food you want and keep moist and in a shaded place and if you have to wire cover
naked women and beer we got it all in here

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.