FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Anyone tried the new Sufix 832 superline?  (Read 12982 times)

O

Re: Anyone tried the new Sufix 832 superline?
« Reply #15 on: Jun 29, 2015, 08:18 PM »
I'm surprised by all the great reviews here.  I've used it for three years and must say I don't really care for it.  Yes, it is very smooth and limp, and does cast well. But my spools, 20# test, frayed easily and I had several pike easily bite through it.  If I am targeting pike I will use a wire leader or heavy fluorocarbon as a leader, bit when I am jigging or casting for eyes, I don't and have had several bite offs. 
I'll stick to Fireline for my spinning reels and trolling reels along with the flurorcarbon leaders.

pot-belly-pike

Re: Anyone tried the new Sufix 832 superline?
« Reply #16 on: Jun 30, 2015, 06:52 PM »
I'm surprised by all the great reviews here.  I've used it for three years and must say I don't really care for it.  Yes, it is very smooth and limp, and does cast well. But my spools, 20# test, frayed easily and I had several pike easily bite through it.  If I am targeting pike I will use a wire leader or heavy fluorocarbon as a leader, bit when I am jigging or casting for eyes, I don't and have had several bite offs. 
I'll stick to Fireline for my spinning reels and trolling reels along with the flurorcarbon leaders.

[/color]16

Fireline    for  shore
Smile it makes others wonder what your up to

~:+)

oh no fish-on i gotta get fishin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.