FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Tight Line Rigs  (Read 8287 times)

raisinrat

Tight Line Rigs
« on: Sep 08, 2011, 08:26 AM »
There is a Perch Rig I want to share with everyone. I had a little bit of input into the design of this rig and I have been doing really good with this rig, in fact I have gotten more jumbos this year. It could be the rig or luck not sure yet.I have gotten a ton PM's on some other forums asking about this rig and I have heard from a few already that they are doing really well on them

Tight-lining yellow pygmy walleye

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
Re: Tight Line Rigs
« Reply #1 on: Sep 08, 2011, 09:25 AM »
Some beautiful rigs you got there.  they are a nice take on the old classic "perch rig" that was so very popular around the perch beds in NY.  Many of us NY'ers learned to fish with rigs just like that.

OTIS

'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

wileyc3

• Here fishy fishy fishy...
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2012, 02:15 PM »
Hey rat.....just curious.....is there any bennefit to crimping below the hooks other than the beads? I was thinkin tying the hooks in like you normally would on a drop-shot rig with a polymar knot and let the bead slide down on top of the hook. One thing I do see if it is an advantage is that by crimping the hook it can swivel freely on the line, but if I put a swivel at the top like a drop shot rig , that should take care of the twisting problem. Like I said was just curious.
                                                        Thanks, Wiley

raisinrat

« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2012, 07:43 PM »
Hey rat.....just curious.....is there any bennefit to crimping below the hooks other than the beads? I was thinkin tying the hooks in like you normally would on a drop-shot rig with a polymar knot and let the bead slide down on top of the hook. One thing I do see if it is an advantage is that by crimping the hook it can swivel freely on the line, but if I put a swivel at the top like a drop shot rig , that should take care of the twisting problem. Like I said was just curious.
                                                        Thanks, Wiley

I found when I rigged it this way my hook up percentage went up. It lets the hook sit in about a 30 degree angle and can move around more and lets the minnow swim in a circle if it is that frisky. It wasn't to cut down on line twist.This also lowers the amount of throat hooked fish you will get they tend to be hooked in the roof of there mouth.

wileyc3

• Here fishy fishy fishy...
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2012, 09:41 PM »
nice, I'm gonna try it , I havent really fished for perch alot, but it looks like it will work nice, even for some craps maybee.
                                                                             Thanks again, Wiley

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.