FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake Ontario Browns  (Read 3521 times)

howey1176

• Gone Fishin'
Lake Ontario Browns
« on: Mar 11, 2004, 09:14 AM »
Last year was the first year I fished for them. I started out in my buddies canoe. Since then I've gotten a boat and a couple of heavier rods.

We would use spoons or jerk/crank baits

Last year they were in 6 ft. of water right off the beach, the first and second week of April. We would also catch a few Coho's mixed in with them.

Going to try the same thing this year. Just wondering when they start moving into deeper water and how y'all fish for them. Are they in the shallows now or are they still in the tribs?
Harold

TroutFishingBear

Re: Lake Ontario Browns
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2004, 12:14 PM »
Try a countdown repala, or a rattling crank bait. These work great for trout in lakes for me.

Taxidermist

« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2004, 10:05 PM »
Howey,

When I go brown fishing off the piers in FairHaven or Sodus I usually end up losing $15 worth of little Cleos on the rocks per trip. Then I switched to a cheap brand called Rainbow Plastics or Rainbow Lures, something like that. You can find them at Wal-Mart, etc. for 97 cents a piece. I use the 1/4oz silver and green ones and they work great.

I'll be giving them a try tomorrow, then some bullhead fishing tomorrow night.

Good luck,
Randy

zuke852000

« Reply #3 on: Apr 04, 2004, 07:55 PM »
Has anybody caught any browns off of the piers or trolling off shore yet?
ZUKE

techyfisher

« Reply #4 on: Apr 06, 2004, 06:14 PM »
Zuke , was there Saturday, no browns but caught a 18" steelhead from the channel. Lost another big fish from the mouth of the pond creek right at the beach. I assume it was a big brown but never did see it. Were hitting a 2/5 oz green glow cleo.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.