FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2013 open water plans? Post your yearly bucket list!  (Read 7034 times)

Cornbread

Re: 2013 open water plans? Post your yearly bucket list!
« Reply #15 on: Mar 11, 2013, 02:17 PM »
Same as every year for me. I'l fish the following areas 2 - 5 times a week on weeks I am here:

Cabinet Gorge
Noxon
Rainbow/Dog lake
Flathead river from Dixon to the Clark Fork
Clark Fork between Plains and Thompson Falls and from Thompson falls to Flat Iron.
There are only two types of truly happy people in this world, married women and single men.

craver

« Reply #16 on: Mar 13, 2013, 02:37 PM »
Noxon, Peck, tongue, Fresno, and Nelson!!! ;)
Steve

craver

« Reply #17 on: Mar 13, 2013, 02:41 PM »
Oh Ya..Tiber  :laugh:
Steve

Hillbilly75

« Reply #18 on: Mar 13, 2013, 03:16 PM »
Oh Ya..Tiber  :laugh:

Was by far the best spot I fished last year. Our group picked up lots of fish, but I did get "mild seasickness" at one point when the CHOP arrived.
Look, I am sending you out as sheep among wolves. So be as shrewd as snakes and harmless as doves.

GFIceMan

« Reply #19 on: Mar 14, 2013, 09:40 AM »
Peck
Noxon
Couerd Alene
Yellowstone River
Placid
Colstrip Surge Pond

robbi

« Reply #20 on: Mar 14, 2013, 05:13 PM »
Ram 1961.......The float on the Missouri is great and this year promises to be awesome since the trout population has exploded.  I'd recommend starting up further at the Wolf Creek bridge because that section between there and Craig is probably one of the best stretches on the river.  From Wolf Creek bridge to Hardy Creek Campground is roughly a 7-8 hour float depending on how much you plan on stopping.  I normally do it every year. 

My list for 2013:

Two of my sons and friends will be here late June/Early July.  They come to fish trout, so no telling where that will take me.  I know one day will be floating the above stretch of water with rafts and I'm sure, Highwood Creek, Belt Creek, Otter Creek will be in there somewhere.

Want to hit Frances early and learn more about spring walleye fishing there
Want to hit Fresno in May when the walleye fishing is hot
Gonna learn more about Tiber this year since it was good to us last year
Hauser eluded us last year more than not, so might spend some time there
Gates of the Mountains is always fun early on before the water skiers start up

Since the boys are coming this year (they come every other year) my trips to Last Mountain, Sask.  and Ft Peck are probably put off til next year.  Unless I see a way to get to Peck, Crooked Creek or Hell Creek.

robbi

« Reply #21 on: Mar 14, 2013, 05:15 PM »
Hillbilly, we need to hook up at Tiber some weekend.......hardwater normally isn't far away either........

Taco Juan

« Reply #22 on: Mar 14, 2013, 07:13 PM »
New to MFF but TRR hell creek CF Dailey Nelson and the lower Yellowstone. Big walleyes pike and cats if all goes as planned

hardwater

« Reply #23 on: Mar 14, 2013, 10:05 PM »
I'll be on Tiber plenty,  probably start at the gates next weekend. 
I can't wait :laugh:

My list is short for this year, being Alaska bound in August and short on leave from a long winter, it'll be close to home trips mostly.

Robbi, you get that kicker going?

robbi

« Reply #24 on: Mar 15, 2013, 01:40 AM »
New seals are in it and it's not leaking oil just sitting there.  Picked the boat up from the storage location today, so will be putting it together.  Once I mount the kicker I'll start it for a few minutes and see if it continues to hold oil.......LOL.  Was thinking about the gates myself, but would sure like to learn early Frances.....if the ice is out by the 30th......that's our first planned trip.  Let me know how the gates treat you.......not trash fish......but walleye..........lol

hardwater

« Reply #25 on: Mar 15, 2013, 01:01 PM »
Good deal, I'm sure it'll hold. 

We'll see about the gates, I'm just ready to be on the boat, I don't mind few trout to knock off the cobwebs.. Hopefully we get some rain and get the ice off these lakes, I wouldn't mind trying Frances early myself.

robbi

« Reply #26 on: Mar 15, 2013, 09:18 PM »
Definitely ready for some fishing..........we didn't ice fish at all this year........and yeah, a trout or two would get the rods back in shape.....keep in touch and I'll do the same.......

FIRETRAP

« Reply #27 on: Mar 16, 2013, 02:15 AM »
TJet,
  As far as I know, it's all private access to the river.  There may be a few bridges, but it's been since before the floods since I've fished it north of Mosby.  As far as floating, spring flows would help but after the flooding a couple years ago it's anyone's guess.  You are correct on the fishing!  It's great for large cats, sauger, and some pretty decent pike.  I've always wanted to fish it in the spring when the pike are spawning as they may run up the mussellshell like they do the rivers in Minnesota.  Should be some monsters in there at that time.

As far as the bucket list, 1st is to get to Yellowtail here shortly and get some spring sauger 2nd Peck this spring to try for some chinook then in late June Last Mountain lake in Sask.,and then some mountain trips before our fall trip to Peck for some salmon and whatever else!  Good fishin' this season to all - OH

I heard the road to the dam isn't getting plowed this year. Was going to go up soon, but I've heard that from a few sources.

FIRETRAP

« Reply #28 on: Mar 16, 2013, 02:17 AM »
Thanks outhntn, really hoping to get this one put together.  I'll be sure to get lots of pictures of the trip.   Probably will be a long shot but I'll spend some time knocking on a few doors along the river and see if they'll let me go in and find a fish or two.

PM sent

mattric

• " I hear fish laughing "
« Reply #29 on: Mar 17, 2013, 05:55 PM »
Catch more walleye :thumbup_smilie:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.